Anthony M

Sep 13, 2005
Ive searched for everything I can about Showa rebuilds but I cant find much of an answer to my problem. On my '01 RM125 the right side fork's rebound adjuster will not turn. I just got finished taking the fork off flipped it upside down and took the rebound adjustment 'centerbolt' off the fork. I made sure I had the correct measurements for the locknut to centerbolt length according to the manual.

With the centerbolt removed, the problem is that the push rod will not turn. When I thread the centerbolt onto the inner rod, the adjustment screw stays in place, and the centerbolt spins around it.

This is my first time working on Showa's, what should I check for?

Thanks
Anthony

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
I realize this is an old thread but I'm having the EXACT same problem. Just put new seals in both forks. Both rebound adjusters turned out fine but when I put it back together the right side one is locked in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

btw. mine's on an 01 cr250

Anthony M

Sep 13, 2005
FWIW, I was never able to fix this problem. I ended up buying a used set of forks cheap off *bay because I wasn't sure what would have needed replaced in the broken one.

If anybody else could be of more help, I would appreciate an answer as well!

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
It can't be anything too major. The adjuster worked fine two days ago when I took the fork apart to change the seals. Now when I put it back together it wont budge?? The frustrating part is, I didn't even have to touch the part that's now froze up in order to service the forks :bang:

Mar 25, 2008
Y'all,

Your problems are not hard to fix, all that has happened is that the valve in the top of the piston rod is bottomed out "hard" from dissasembly, With the long "D" shaped rod inserted into the forks piston rod carefully take a flat blade screwdriver and turn the rod clockwise to "free it up" it will be kinda hard to get it to move but it will move, if it seems that its going to distort the aluminum rod with the screwdriver then use needle nose pliers squeezing tight to do the same thing to the rod.

Let me know how this works out for ya.

Stuart

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
XXX Adrenaline Spo said:
Y'all,

Your problems are not hard to fix, all that has happened is that the valve in the top of the piston rod is bottomed out "hard" from dissasembly, With the long "D" shaped rod inserted into the forks piston rod carefully take a flat blade screwdriver and turn the rod clockwise to "free it up" it will be kinda hard to get it to move but it will move, if it seems that its going to distort the aluminum rod with the screwdriver then use needle nose pliers squeezing tight to do the same thing to the rod.

Let me know how this works out for ya.

Stuart

I'd already tried both of those things, to the point where I was certain I was going to break the rod. This thing was STUCK!

So, I said screw it and sent it off to mx-tech for a fix, revalve and re-springing :nod:

The way I look at it, if something breaks, might as well upgrade.

Thanks anyway for the advice.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom