Stupid DW Question-I'll delete this.

B

biglou

What class am I racing MX this year? I remember a discussion but I can't seem to find it. I'm not a true beginner, but I will get spanked, regardless...

I'll delete this thread after I get the official word.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Dunlop Class.;)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I'm not too sure where I fit in either. Judging from what's been said, I'll enter the B class. I just gotta remember I'm not fast, I never was fast, I'll never be fast, and I should just slow down and stop crashing. But wait, I could enter bikes with lights! Hmmm, could I do 4 motos? Probably not, but that might not stop me from trying. Yes! I'll do it. CZ 380 in the B class and WR250F in the candle power class.

I can dream... :confused:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Dunlop Class.;)

Buwaaaahhhhaaaaa! :) :) What WAS the final definition of classes? Is it A, B, C & Bikes w/lights. Which one is the half-fast :debil: class? ;)

I know I would like to race the candlepower class (I love that) and depending on the rest of the class definitions might race one more class. I'll flag any other races that are needed.

BTW, if any of you are flagging when I am racing, get the lapper flag out by the second lap. Your gonna need it to warn me of my impending doom, with 426 roost, 250 2-smokes, and yes all the 80s coming up on me.

Last edited:
B

biglou

The only time I saw Eric last year was for about 10 seconds after the gate drop!

So, I suppose I will be racing B Class due to experience, since it's definitely not due to speed!!!!

I guess I will just have to savor my victory over PK in the "Clash of the Titans" grudge match. :aj:

OK, and I lied: I'm not deleting this! :p

B

biglou

Whoa! Whoa! And, Whoa!!!
B and A/Pro gating together? Me on the line next to Buster and Dr. Death? Holy Crap!!! I'm not so sure about that! Maybe I'll just flag... :o Although, having my pic lined up next to Billy and Dr. D would be quite the priveledge of a lifetime! :)

I think today I am feeling as nervous as Zio on a regular day. I gotta cut back on the caffeine. :aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just remember Lou, riding with fast guys makes you faster, right? I think I'll ride the C.5 class!;)

B

biglou

Originally posted by Thump
Lou you are a B rider.
:scream: :whiner:

Well, if I must...

BTW-No one's ever even approached complimenting my riding like that before, David!!!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Be careful, Thump has got to be up to sumthin!:think:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Stop trying to sandbag, Lou! I saw that pic of you when you were 30 feet off the ground.

Piker. . . :think:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
What ever happened to that fat guy race...?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
B class
Pretty simple, if you race in regularly (more than 1 or two times per year) in real events, that puts you in the B class. If you've never actually raced but are really comfortable on the track; ie; you practice a lot, you are B class. If you were in the top 10 in the C class last year, you need to consider moving to the B class this year. If you were top 3 last year, you WILL move to the B class this year. IF you are a fairly fast Woods rider and aren't afraid of tabletops, B class. If you hit everything but the big stuff, you are a B rider.

C Class
If you've never raced, don't practice much (MX), C class is for you. If you don't spend much time on a MX track, The C class is for those that would not normally race MX. If you know you'll roll most of the jumps, you are a C rider. If we see someone out there doing 100' tables in the C class, you'll be flagged-off.

A class : you are fast in your district, "A" rider, you race often. You are a fast practice rider and the thought of the pro riders closing fast doesn't bother you... :) , if you normally clear everything on the track. If you are void of pucker factor when looking at a 75 foot triple, you are an A rider.

The goal here is to have a good time with rider's of similar speed. We want riders of similar skill/speed on the track together. We do not want newer/slower riders on the track with someone who clears all the jumps... we want to reduce the closeure rate!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm all for a fatguy race! :) Anyone over 300 can participate. That way, I'll be sure to podium! ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Papakeith
I'm all for a fatguy race! :) Anyone over 300 can participate. That way, I'll be sure to podium! ;)

I think it needs to be a weight proportional to height class. That way I can line up next to PK and show him what a REAL HONDA looks like :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by Papakeith

PODIUM?! Are you crazy, you think anyone wants to get hurt when that thing collapses!:flame: We have a nice area of hard pack scouted out to make sure everyone is safe.;)

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I'm all for a fatguy race! Anyone over 300 can participate.
Your on. I will bring the scale. I think we should also extend the invite to the wanna be's 250lbs and up.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If my weight was proportional to my height, I'd be 10'2" :confused:

Besides The new(er) 500 is on it's way to Cooperland. It's got these funny water holding aluminum thingies just behind the forks.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
I think today I am feeling as nervous as Zio on a regular day. I gotta cut back on the caffeine. :aj:

Nervous? Who's nervous? I'm not nervous. Maybe a smidge apprehensive, or unsure. But not nervous. So I'm flying 1700 miles to meet a bunch of folks I've never seen before. How long is the drive from the airport to Cooperland? I think they serve drinks on the plane.

So, if I've ever raced I'm a B? What about just 2 harescrambles. That's the extent of it. And I've never been on a MX track.

I'm not gonna have this turn into Reno all over again. I lost 5 lbs the week before because I spent so much time on the pot. Nerves & coffee.... :uh:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I want a "self-employed, don't wanna live with Mom when I get hurt" class.
It's only fair. :moon:

If I bring a pic of me when I weighed 235, can I weasel my way into the Dunlop class?

Top Bottom