Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Stupid State Laws (that matter), Got Some?

Our fine elected officals protecting us from ourselves.

Oklahoma is full of 'em, but a couple stand out.

1) Tattoos. The ONLY state in the country that outlaws them. You can however get "permanent make-up". No big deal, but...

2) The oldie but goodie... 3.2 beer. Real beer only available at liquor stores and then can only be bought hot. You can't buy ANYTHING at a liquor store, but liquor. No ice, chips, etc. Alcohol can not be sold on Sundays, Holidays or election days.

Is it True:

No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife in Pennsylvania.

New Jersey: You can't pump your own gas? AND...
If you are convicted of driving while intoxicated, you are no longer allowed to apply for personalized license plates.

Florida: It is illegal to sing in a public place while wearing a swimsuit.

In Chicago, it is against the law to eat in an establishment that is on fire.

In Michigan, a man legally owns his wife's hair.

Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault" in Louisiana.

In the fine state of Nebraska, it is not legal for a tavern owner to serve beer unless a nice kettle of soup is also brewing.

In Los Angeles, California, it is not legal to bathe two babies at the same time in the same tub.

Last edited:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
In Washington state it is legal to own(after the feds paperwork)a silencer for your gun but you can't use it on the gun.

Steve

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Alcohol can not be sold on Sundays, Holidays or election days.

In Michigan, you cannot buy alcohol before noon on Sundays. If someone is determined enough to get drunk before going to church, why wouldn't they just stock up on Saturday night? :bang:

The oldie but goodie... 3.2 beer.

Yeah, I spent a week in OKC once and I felt like a real he-man until someone in the hotel bar told me the truth. :think:

Here's a good listing of stupid laws:

http://www.ahajokes.com/stupid_laws.html

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
Okiewan said:
New Jersey: You can't pump your own gas? AND...
If you are convicted of driving while intoxicated, you are no longer allowed to apply for personalized license plates.

both are true

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Okiewan said:
Actually, they should MAKE you get a special plate:

IDIOT 1

and so on.

Okie for Governor of NJ :laugh: I hear the last one already has his < ADMIN: Dude! >

Last edited by a moderator:

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
Okiewan said:
Actually, they should MAKE you get a special plate:

IDIOT 1

and so on.

thats not nice

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Just found out that here in CA, i cannot legally buy a brand new stand-up jet ski and register it here :bang: :bang: :bang:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Yeah we can't pump our own gas here, unless we happen to be on a motorcycle, then it is legal ??

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I did not know of the "don't pump your own" law in OR when I went thru there a few years ago. You'da thought I was the Devil himself when I got out of my rig, flipped the handle, and started pumping. The dude came out screaming at the top of his lungs! It was a funny sight.

Here in Idaho:

-Idaho anti-delinquency statutes prohibit juveniles from deliberately stepping on ants

-Boxes of candy given as romantic gifts must weigh more than 50 pounds

Pocatello -- The carrying of concealed weapons is forbidden, unless the some are exhibited to public view.
Also, it is prohibited for pedestrians and motorists to display frowns, grimaces, scowls, threatening and glowering looks, gloomy and depressed facial appearences, generally all of which reflect unfavorably upon the city's reputation.

Idaho Falls -- it is against the law for anyone over the age of 88 to ride a motorcycle.

Tamarack -- it is illegal to purchase onions after dark without a special permit from the sheriff

Coeur d'Alene -- It's safe to make love in a parked car. Police officers aren't allowed to walk up and knock on the window. Any suspicious officer who thinks that sex is taking place must drive up from behind, honk his horn three times and wait approximately two minutes before getting out of his car to investigate. (I use this law all the time up there. Unfortunately, I'm usually by myself . . .)

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Though I didn't find it in the above link, years ago I heard that there was a law in Colorado that banned men from tucking their pant legs into their boots. Seems it made it much easier for the man to stick the sheeps hind legs into the boots to keep it from running away. :yikes:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
JasonWho said:
Not being able to pump your own gasoline is an outrage.

Not on a rainy day...not when it's cold....not when it's hot....

It's only a pain when I'm in a REAL hurry.

Besides, NJ already has one of the lowest gas prices (lets not hijack the thread with this discussion) in the nation. It's not like we're being overcharged or penalised for the privilege of having someone pump our gas for us.

Oh btw, sorry to the admin that had to edit my late night indiscretion...it was very funny when I typed it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
Not really, those folks were elected in to protect us from ourselves. You know how much ability it takes to properly dispense gasoline?
I think it's just another way to create a job. I mean, hell, whoever passed that law can campaign about all the jobs they created! And I just know all of those pump jockeys have their master's degree . . .

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
that would be liquid petroleum dispensing engineers Bub. sheezsh don't you know anything?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Oral sex is illegal in Rhode Island (I'm NOT kidding)...or at least it was...

Rooster almost tried to pump gas in NJ on drive out to IA, I had to inform him of the law that I had just learned a couple weeks before that...

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
squeaky said:
Oral sex is illegal in Rhode Island (I'm NOT kidding)...or at least it was...

I new you were an outlaw :rotfl: :p :laugh:

Sorry couldn't resist.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Isn't this where Rooster says.....

________________________________________________________ <---- LINE!

:)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
XRpredator said:
Coeur d'Alene -- It's safe to make love in a parked car. Police officers aren't allowed to walk up and knock on the window. Any suspicious officer who thinks that sex is taking place must drive up from behind, honk his horn three times and wait approximately two minutes before getting out of his car to investigate.

Hey buddy, the title of this thread is "Stupid State Laws". That one makes more sense than about ninety percent of our congressional fruit of labor.

I vacationed in Coeur d'Alene a few years ago. I have always wondered what all the honking was about :yeehaw:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Germany (I know, it's not a state!) has a cool law----it's illegal to put preservatives in beer, so all of their beer is fresh. It also has to be naturally aged, not like the speedy process the brewers here use. If I ever get to go there I'm gonna need a designated driver!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom