LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Corny I know, but I was very surprised by some of the facts that the show brought out. I was extremely surprised that the lady that played Mrs. Howell was 81 years old during the 3rd year of the show. She was a spry old thing. Man how I used to park myself in front of the TV to watch that show. It was very funny.:confused:

B

biglou

I caught a little bit of that show. I was surprised! A very interesting little "docu-drama". Had to channel surf during comercials in the playoff games, yanno.:o
It's funny how when you're little, you think to yourself: "Finally! They're gonna make it off the island this week." Every week! Not thinking that there wouldn't be a show if they made it off. Not to mention that they only had one change of clothes, except for Ginger, and that the Howells had about a billion dollars in cash with them:silly:. What a corny show. I loved it! Ain't youth grand?!!:)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The show last night was great. It brought back lots of memories. It was amazing how much power that Bob Denver had over the network.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Both of you guys make good points, especially about the power Bob Denver had. I mean it was only his second show. Can you imagine the power Mel Gibson must weild.

Now on a more serious note, Ginger or Mary Ann??:p

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by justql
Oh without a doubt Mary Ann. A thousand times over before Ginger.
No doubt Mary Ann was good. But, Ginger would.:)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I nuked the Ginger / MaryAnn thread since it was running in here, (besides in here it might be overlooked by GoSpeedRacer ;) )

Oh and MaryAnn for sure, Ginger is a HMC.:p

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
patman quote-Ginger is a HMC

No shes not lol
not by my definintion...

and as far as mary ann or ginger..
come on guys you're on a deserted island.....
so of course BOTH sheesh :D

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
B

biglou

Help me out here.

What does HMC mean? I tried, I really tried, but I can't get it.:think PM me if not appropriate for general forum placement!

Nevermind. Got it.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sorry AJ, I was using "HMC" in the Okie sense of the word not yours ;)

In this case High Maintenance Chick.

As far as BOTH of them? Oh, never mind I don't want to get it locked.:p

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sorry I missed that show!

What always drove me nuts about "Gilligan's Island" was the fact that the Professor (what the hell was his real name?!) could come up with radio batteries, anti-radiation suits, glow-in-the-dark paint, generators, you name it, but couldn't make a freaking glue to hold the boards on the SS Minnow!

pursang262

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2000
Roy Hinkley was the professor's name ;I think. Isaw a rerun of episode one the other night, they were listening to the radio report of the boat dissapearing.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What always drove me nuts about "Gilligan's Island" was the fact that the Professor (what the hell was his real name?!) could come up with radio batteries, anti-radiation suits, glow-in-the-dark paint, generators, you name it, but couldn't make a freaking glue to hold the boards on the SS Minnow!

XRP I think he said "With Ginger and MaryAnn always flirting with me WHY would I want to leave the island?"

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
. . . I think he said "With Ginger and MaryAnn always flirting with me WHY would I want to leave the island?"
So the ol' Professor conspired to keep them all on the island the whole time! I knew it!:scream:

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
You folks were watching the wrong channel, I dream of Gene, much better.
fremontguy you aint blowin no smoke; I didn't realize it when I was a kid, but with all of these reruns playing now I'll tell ya she's a cutie.
Speaking of these retro babes how about wonder woman; that school teacher look by day then a wild rope yielding red hooker boot wearing temptress by night, oh those were the glory days of t.v.L.O.L.

Top Bottom