Taraker... Do they come any more dense?

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Taraker is not the smartest fellow on the planet we can all agree to that, but last night Dallas got hit with an ice storm, yes you heard me right ice storm in Dallas. 1-3 inches on the roads, not snow, ice. I left work at 4:30 to try to avoid the traffic, only 24 miles door to door.... Well I pull into my driveway at 7:30 as Sarah is about to head out. She says come on we gotta go rescue Matt (Taraker). I am thinking oh no, dude is I a ditch or something... Not quite, he is at Tom Thumb, a local grocery store and he has locked his keys in his truck, and it is running. So Sarah and I head over to his house, get the spare keys and got to the store to get him back in business.

It gets worse, I call him later to give him a little crap for being an idiot and he confesses that he took the remote off the key chain so he could lock and unlock the truck.... but for some reason while the truck was running it would not lock the vehicle. So here is where he shows his true IQ, he open the door and locks it by hand!

After shopping and realizing he is in trouble he calls Sarah and begs her not to tell me about this but asked for he to come rescue him. LOL He almost got away with it until I was pulling in as she was heading out the door.

Just thought I would share that with y'all. and oh yeah, pictures are coming soon. I documented it. :laugh:

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
What David (Chump) doesn't tell you is that the keyless remote has been on the fritz lately (that's my story & I'm stickin to it) so I just thought it was actin up again :ugg: So I open the door, hit the auto lock and close the door and at that very moment a thought occurred to me,

I wonder if Ford made it that way? :whiner:

Now I know :thumb:

B

biglou

My Chebby would open after it was running (I was smart enough to try it from the inside before I locked myself out), but it had a Hornet aftermarket alarm integrated into the keyless entry somehow. Great for those bitter cold days when the truck sits outside at work as opposed to the toasty warm confines of "monster garage". But, alas, the Ford does not work that way with its factory keyless (I was smart enough to try it from the inside before I locked myself out :p ). Thus, many a cold afternoon in the parking lot freezing my keister off waiting for the truck to warm up.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
For fear of being lowered to Tarakers level on the food chain- I also made that mistake. Less then a month after buying my Ford truck I was working at a haunted hotel in the middle of nowhere. When it closed at 1 AM I decided to warm it up while I turned in my equipment so I pulled the remote off and locked the doors (didn't want any ghouls to steal it). Well I got to visiting and was one of the last to leave when I discovered the remote didn't work. Luckily one of the other guys was still there and didn't mind a 30 mile round trip to get my other set.
Next day I called the dealer and they said all Fords do not work when the vehicle is running:(- My chevy truck used to work so I could leave it running but apparently nobody wants to steal a Chevy but Fords need the extra protection of not being left running;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Psssst!

Any of youguys ever heard of keeping an emergency key hidden somewhere on the vehicle? :laugh:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
might want to put a spare key on a zip tie under the truck some where. worked for me many times.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I do the same remote key fob trick all the time with our Chevy Venture.

Note to self: If for some reason the key fob battery fails, do not call Thump!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What a moron. I told you Mathew what would happen if you bagged on my truck, I sent you some mean Karma but I NEVER thought it would be this good!:):) You sound like the kinda guy that would lock his kids in his truck and use a clothshanger to get them out.:moon:

B

biglou

"hello, police? can you send someone to help me get into my car? it's about to rain and i wanna put the top up!" :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Send Matt the Mad Hitman to go blow up a car and he burns his lips on the tailpipe.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Yoyo, ain't no Califerneeyan supposed to be talkin like that. :think:

Thems bes big words fer a doofus like you ;)

Besides, ain't you supposed to be out chasing crooks or cleaning the head or something :thumb: :laugh:

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Guess I should have separated "tail" and "pipe" huh:) Crooks are all indoors right now, rain you know.;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
"L"  There's your sign! 

Matt.... they broke the mold.... on PURPOSE!!  :moon:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Ah, it's not a big deal that we know you locked your keys in the car. I mean...picture all of us as 23,000 of your closest friends, and we won't tell anyone else. :)

Let me say though, that I honestly have NEVER done....uh, wait. I don't want to jinx myself. ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Mathew would have a hard time spelling AAA.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have locked my keys in my truck a couple of times . . . just say that the wind blew the door shut! It worked for me.

Top Bottom