yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
This was track of the year 2 years ago. This track was frickin awesome last year, too bad I had bike problems and only got to ride one lap. That was unfortunate. There is no pre-race recon up on Patman's site yet, but as soon as he gets the new one up I'll post what he has to say. Anybody goin? Aaron? Scott? Dennis? Matt? As of right now, I'm not sure if I'll be going or not. My dad may or may not be going out of town that weekend. No dad = no ride. Hopefully though, I've got my fingers crossed.

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
I was going to try to camp out Sat and let the family ride around. But now we got T-ball on Sat so looks like I'm gettin up at 4am Sun. You should be able to catch a ride with someone to the race. Taraker should come pick you up, load your bike, make breakfast, pit you, etc. HaHa!

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Don't worry `bout gettin to the track Eric. :scream:

Just call my PCS (214) 564-6036 if you need a ride before Friday PM. I am not sure if I will be staying over night or not, but you're stuck with whatever I do so keep that in mind cause that may mean Hotel charges..... :think:

Scott, what time you leaving Saturday? There is a group of us who pit together and a few of `em even ride pumpkins, be cool if you could come and hang with the group……… :thumb:

I plan on winning Gilmer this weekend, provided I don't crash out. :yeehaw:

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE
I just read Scott's post and my extrapolation from that indicates that Scott will not only be the next honorary PitSally member, but he will be servin as pit wench this weekend… :moon:

Last edited:

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Taraker, I would be glad to help you pit. But you will have to wait till I finish my race, so you may not finish so well. My wife will take bribes to pit you, but they must be aproved by me.
We have T-ball practice and a practice game Sat afternoon, so I will not go until Sun morning. I will try to find you sometime Sunday though.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
What's this?  A post from Taraker and he's not spouting off about his poteeum finish?

Taraker pays homage to himself! :worship:

:moon: ;)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
Don't worry `bout gettin to the track Eric. :scream:

Just call my PCS (214) 564-6036 if you need a ride before Friday PM. I am not sure if I will be staying over night or not, but you're stuck with whatever I do so keep that in mind cause that may mean Hotel charges..... :think:

Thanks for the offer, but looks like my dad won't be going out of town till the next weekend. My dad, my brother, and myself will be camping out at Gilmer on Saturday night. Should be a good time. I'm sure we'll be going into town to eat if anybody wants to join us. Aaron, how's the bike repair coming along? Mine's still in pieces, should get it together today or tomorrow. What's with the DNF man?

Scott, you better watch out volunteering to be his wrench. You should see what this guy comes to the track with. At Bonita, he had air in his brakes and about 6 teeth missing off his rear sprocket. I recall a different time when he had to replace throttle cables, that was a several hour project. Just watch what you with for...

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I'm not sure I'll make this one if you can believe it. Ginger was due on Saturday and we're still waiting. We are going in on Wed morning to help the stubborn little fellow get out. Knowing my wife, she will insist that I go race and leave her home with a 4 day old baby. If I go, she has already arranged for our racing friends to watch Drake and Max while I race. I think she might be more committed to this than I am.
Dennis
X372

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Dennis, enjoy it. If she's anything like my mom, she'll hate it in about 10 or so years. After I got hurt at the Red River Enduro back in November, my mom seriously offered to buy me a car if I sold my bike and my stuff. Anytime a motorcycle gets mentioned we get at least an eye roll.

ymaharider19

Aug 11, 2002
Originally posted by yzguy15

Aaron, how's the bike repair coming along? Mine's still in pieces, should get it together today or tomorrow. What's with the DNF man?

LOL..hmmmm....Do you think the bike repair has something to do with that dreadful DNF??? :)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well, I had a sneaking suspicion. What happened?

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
For those of you who are staying over Saturday night I will have the ultimate in a trailer/grilling combo for grilling steaks and any other tidbits someone would like to contribute, lets say red beans or something like that.

You guys gotta see this contraption built by my brother-in-law :scream:

Bring you own steak and we'll grill it fer ya.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Sweet. I just got a job as a lifeguard so I have to train on Saturday till about 5, but I'll be there for dinner. :thumb: So you're sleeping in a camper?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom