Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
BigLou has some on order I believe.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
They look pretty good to me. I like the Tech 10's as well but $$$, wow! They just don't seem to be that much better. thanks for the heads up. :cool:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Thanx Lou!

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
How the alpinestars run size wise?
None of my local shops carry them and i dont want to buy them online without checking sizing. I can live with a little wiggle room just dont want them to tight

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
If the black ones were pure black they would be my choice, but since they don't its white and blue.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Does the current lack of steel toe/heal guards mean that the newer boots are made cheaper or were they not necessary to begin with (or both)? A long time ago someone on this board said that the steel heal saved major foot damage in a crash they had and everyone praised them (A-stars), now A-star is omitting them and no one seems to care. The new boots don't seem to offer any new design to the toe area to warrant the omission of the steel guard.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
The steel toe guard thing only kept the sole attached to the leather upper. The new (lest costly to produce ) way is to bond/mold?? the sole straight on. I have not hear of this being a problem though. I've never seen a steel heel guard.

B

biglou

kmccune said:
The steel toe guard thing only kept the sole attached to the leather upper.
I think it was more of a leading edge protector thing. I've seen plenty of boots lose that metal guard. The sole is stitched all the way around, so that steel piece is just secondary protection for that stitching seam. Not sure if it does anything for your toes or not. (I'm speaking of tech 6/8 and similar designs)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
pyrofreak said:
My dad told me that the metal peice on the front is for when someone tries to steal your bike, you can kick them in the 8@11$ with it...

:laugh:

I like that one better!

wr3cked

Apr 27, 2005
we just got a few tech 7s in the shop yesturday. ive tried them on. very impressive boot! light-wieght, not bulky at all. there faily comfortable (not as comfy as a gearne SG10 ) which i currently wear. some minor disconfort when you bend your knees alot on the tops of my feet. but this could be from them not being broke in yet.

also good news for the big calved/ big leg people out there, i have some big legs and im almsot to buckle everything with a lil room to spare. (before i couldny even get the top buckle to buckle on tech6s, tech 8s and tech10s.)

ill still stick with my SG10s. i have yet to find a boot to outdo them in comfort.

B

biglou

Update-Dear Louis,

The following item(s) have been shipped from Motorcycle Superstore's
warehouse.

Shipping Method: FedEx Ground Ship Date: 2/1/2007
10:38:03 AM

Maybe they read my last post! ;)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I like em. How is the fit, I know they're new but I had to ask :)

B

biglou

I tried them on, they feel fine. I put my socks and Asterisks on first, too. They fit about the same as my 6's did. Had to adjust the straps all the way out to get around the braces, but they fit fine. These are size 12, btw.

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
im still confused about alpinestars product line. did the tech 7 replace the tech 6, and the 6 get a makeover? or did the tech 7 replace the tech 6 completely? is the 7 better, not as good, or just different than the new tech 6? the new tech 6 costs more than the tech 7. i don't understand! :coocoo:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom