ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
I just wanted to thank the AMA,

Thank you! for adopting the unleaded fuel requirements from the FIM. Of course being you never instituted a method for checking compliance, you simply added one more complexity for the "average" privateer to deal with. Issues such as fuel cost, should I cheat or not, rider safety, should I protest to inforce compliance, etc., we really needed that. Oh and being you were so concerned about the FIM rules, what happened to the adoption of thier sound limit? It must not of been a high priority of yours for the people in the stadium to be able to hear each other, the loud speakers, themselves, etc. Standing on the stadium floor has now become painfull! and this infront of 60,000 spectators we are suppose to be winning over for support of our sport. Of course there is lot's of other thanks you deserve ie: entry fee cost, purse payout percentage, privateer pit accomadations, unequal practice time for privateers, etc., etc. But thats enough Thanks for today.

The riders have got to start getting organized, these sort of fumblings will never take this sport or the riders to the level it deserves to be at.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Damn good read ochster,this just makes it even harder for the privateers to compete on a 2 stroke taking away race fuel.Half the displacement and AMA puts another nail in the coffin for 2 strokes.Think about how many seats are filled in a stadium and how much a average ticket goes for :think:The payouts are a joke the privateers are being raped. I am losing more and more respect for the AMA.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I don't aggree with a TON of stuff ama PRO does. but if your anger is clearly with the PRO dept please note that most of us out here, are AMATUER, and don't have the input we should have. Hopefully things can be changed. go to the ama web site, dig around for last years ama board minutes and see what some directors are trying to do to get a handle back on AMA as a WHOLE.

We did adopt standards for fuel tests,(amatuer) there is a way to have that checked but likely, local events won't be the problem. SOund, on the other hand, is a HUGE issue in front of AMA and they are or should be testing pro now, course there is CCE in there also, see what happens.
You will see testing for sound as soon as next year possibly at local ama events, this will be interesting to say the least!

I totally aggree and have bitched for years that purses are a joke. But the only way that gets changed is if the riders band together..........thats going to be nasty if that ever happens, but something needs done.

wardy

ps I don't care for desiel pigs much, and the sound is a major deal for keeping places open to ride.
not sure this thread don't belong in the bitchin forum LOL.

Last edited:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
as for sound indoors - at the Atlanta sx last year (2003) my son and I used ear plugs to protect from the anouncer / music system - could hardly even hear the bikes from second tier seats.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I still don't get how the unleaded fuel rule kills 2 strokes. As I read the 250F tests and mods in the mags, the first thing Pro Circuit and other race teams do to their 250F's is raise the compression from high to stratospheric levels (~13.5:1). They then note the bikes now require race gas but the performance gain was worth it. How can they do this under the new rule? Sounds like at least as big a problem for 4 strokes as 2 strokes.

Top Bottom