spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
When you get ads in your phone or utility bill, include them with the payment. Let them throw it away.
When you get those pre approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid
of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes? Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Or a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their application back! If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them. You can send it back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing! Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting all their junk back in the mail. Let's let them know what it's like to get junk mail, and best of all THEY’RE paying for it! Twice! Let's help keep our postal service busy since they say e-mail is cutting into their business, and that's why they need to increase postage again!
:p

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
LMAO!:) :) :) I'm with you Spanky! I just came in yesterday from working offshore and have 3 weeks worth of mail. Most of it junk!. I will be following your advice and giving them a taste of their own medicine. You're my new hero!

MH00

B

biglou

I've been doing that for months now! I got an Email awhile back about that. Just send them their blank applications back in the postage-paid envelopes they send you. Just make sure your name isn't on them anywhere. Most of them are bulk or "blanket" mailings that have no personally identifiable marks on them. Even the credit card ones that have your name in the "To" column. Heck, just send them back their empty envelope. Someone's gotta open them! Viva la revolucion!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I also have used this method. Texico is the worst about it. I'm sure it makes Texico made to the get all that junk they put in my bill back every month. I also put a sticky note in there and ask them not to put that stuff in there, but it has not worked yet, but I will try. Sometimes I don't even know open the credit card applications. I just need one of those large industrial shreaders so that I can just pitch all that unopened junk mail in there and add them to the compost pile or even just put them in all you envolopes to give the guy on the other end a festive confeddy treat all over the floor when they open them up :silly: That should get there goat if they have to pick that stuff off the floor.

What makes me made realy is the little add flap the you have to pull off the envolpe before you seal it up.

B

biglou

Re: The little ad flap.

I know what you mean. Personally, I don't think I'm going to buy my jewelry from Amoco, if you catch my drift.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Awsome IDEA! I get so much of this crud I'm sick of it! This is the ebst idea I have heard yet! Thanks for the idea! Let the games begin! :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Re: Re: The little ad flap.

Originally posted by BigLou
I know what you mean. Personally, I don't think I'm going to buy my jewelry from Amoco, if you catch my drift.
Hold on there my wifes birthday is coming up and I thought about getting her something extra special. Jewelry sounds good I' ll have to quick get an Amoco card;) :)

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by Danman
I just need one of those large industrial shreaders so that I can just pitch all that unopened junk mail in there and add them to the compost pile or even just put them in all you envolopes to give the guy on the other end a festive confeddy treat all over the floor when they open them up :silly: That should get there goat if they have to pick that stuff off the floor.

They'll probably start screaming and running out of the room thinking that you just sent them some Anthrax or something. Maybe that's not such a good idea after all. :-)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I like the way you think, Spanky!

Oldguy-- shows how much your wife means to you! The kid gets a new bike, and your wife gets a $9.95 piece of cubic zirconium from Amoco! :p

At least put it in a Tiffany's box for crissakes! ;)

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
This idea is spreading. I have been doing this (just alittle bit) over the last year. As momentum increases we should start to see clean mail boxes over the next couple of years.

Wouldn't that be nice?

How many of you have actually thrown away legitimate mail because is was mixed in with the trash mail?:ugg:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
I got a "Join the Sierra Club" letter with a pre-stamped return envelope . I returned the application with a "Join the Blue Ribbon Commission" form.:)

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by Jonala
I got a "Join the Sierra Club" letter with a pre-stamped return envelope . I returned the application with a "Join the Blue Ribbon Commission" form.:)
That's a good one...LOL...maybe I can send a Steakhouse coupon to some enviro-whacko group...:p

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Hehehe..I just mailed an application for a single's club to a credit card company...and sent the credit card application to the single's club...:p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom