• IMG950040.jpg
    IMG950040.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 179

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I like the one where you're on your ass and the bike is wheelying away from you... I know, that really narrows it down.. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
^^^Been there, done that, got the ripped shirt and scars that go with it!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I wonder how many time he had to crash before the perfect picture could be taken...

I always try to look around for cameras before trying something that has the potential of being a boneheaded move. Although I have been caught saying things, but hey, if there is no video who’s to say I was being completely honest :p

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
That pic was taken during the wheelie contest of the 2000 Suthin Spodefest. Awards were given to the best and worst wheelies. Ivan won the worst. :)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Still have that award too :)

Best part of all this is a few years after that some guys from DRN were riding up in the Northwest and in one of the local eateries there was an advertisement for dirtbike riding classes saying if you didn't take their class you could look like the guy in the photo.

Wonder if I can claim some royalties off of the use of that photo? LOL!

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Not really a problem considering all of the callouses that Ivan has on his butt from....

ah, yeah...you're right, that looks painful. :ohmy:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Thump said:
That road looks like it had some rocks and bad stuff on it. Painful man. LOL.

I actually jumped up unscathed... bike was a bit worse for the wear but thankfully Gomer had a frame straightener :)

Now this past Sunday at a local race (haven't raced in 4 years) I had some pain when I went down hard on a straight away and broke my thumb :(

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 120

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
truespode said:
I actually jumped up unscathed... bike was a bit worse for the wear but thankfully Gomer had a frame straightener :)

Now this past Sunday at a local race (haven't raced in 4 years) I had some pain when I went down hard on a straight away and broke my thumb :(
Sorry to hear about the thumb. Where were you racing?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
MikeT said:
Sorry to hear about the thumb. Where were you racing?

Denver, NC. Last race of the year for the NCHSA. It was my first time racing in about 4 years. I only ride once every 6 weeks or so anymore so I should be healed before I ride again :)

26368479_nfChw8

Ivan

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
truespode said:
Denver, NC. Last race of the year for the NCHSA. It was my first time racing in about 4 years. I only ride once every 6 weeks or so anymore so I should be healed before I ride again :)

26368479_nfChw8

Ivan
Ivan, Denver, NC is really close to where I live. Do they have a website that lists info about the races and such?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
truespode said:
www.nchsa.org

They race Denver twice a year but most races are in the Taylorsville and Hickory area.

Ivan
I would like to work this into my schedule. We should meet up and race. I looked at the website and couldn't determine if the place in Denver would allow anyone to ride on it at times other than a race. Do you know if it is open to riding other than on race days?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
:( .

Top Bottom