Thumpers on Speed Last Night

Arby

Mar 19, 2001
Anyone watch the 24 hr Thumper Test on Speed Channel last night? They had 2 modified KTM 520s, a Lafferty replica KTM
400 with a 450 kit, 2 Honda 450s modified for off-road, a Yosh
DRZ 450, a Yamaha 426 with a 450 kit and a Husaberg 470.
Those were some super trick thumpers! I will take one of each
please!

calamari racer

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2001
I watched it. I was hoping they would expand more on that Rev Loc clutch. I wonder if you can shift it with the throttle open? I liked the comment Ken Faust said about how fast four-stroke technology was growing.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
In the latest issue of Dirt Bike they took a DRZ400 and put a Rev-Loc clutch on it. From what I understand, you can't shift it with the throttle open--needs to be closed or mostly closed. The clutch lever is still usable if you need to moderate power coming out of a turn.
For a cool $1000 you can put a Rev-Loc on your bike, too! :scream:

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I watched it, it was pretty cool seeing all those super trick thumpers. I dont know if I would want an auto clutch though.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Auto's

After riding enduro's in the 80's with Husky Auto's, I'd switch back NOW and not look back. Think of all the times you get into a rough section and miss a gear :eek: and you bobble - it's hard to beat the open class power w/auto capabilities - not to mention having a clutch if needed! :) :)
When they come out for my bike they don't have to sell me IF they hold up.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Personally, I prefer shootouts with bikes in stock" form. Well, almost stock anyway. (Leave the airbox lids, and emissions crap out). :silly:

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
I think the Revloc will be big in the next few years. For off road, you can't beat it. I'll wait till the price drops down, but I would definately want one on my 500.

Top Bottom