JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
I ride trails all the time and have never set foot onto a MX track so I decided that TNT would be a good place to go because I've heard it has both.

Let me start by saying that it hasn't rained a drop here in over a month and a half.. The weather has been so dry I have heard about the dust becoming a problem.. so I prayed for a little bit of rain to settle things a bit and what did I get?? A monsoon!! God loves me alot, what can I say.. Anyway, it poured down on Friday covering the track in water and making mud the consistency of cat puke.. but I was not deterred.. I shall ride no matter what - this may be my last chance for a while.

Saturday morning I loaded the bikes onto the trailer and off we went - We were there around 10:30am and there were already a lot of bikes on the track and riding all around .. man was it muddy. People didn't seem to mind though they acted like it wasn't even there.. After signing in we unloaded the bikes and hit the first traiil.. OMG this stuff is slick. There was one hill that was about a 45 degree angle going down, slick as snot and had a very sharp turn at the bottom.. If you miss the turn then you miss the bridge and I don't think I have to explain what happens if you miss the bridge.. Luckily I caught traction just at the last second but I left a few turds back there just the same.

We came out of the trails and slipped over to the MX track.. I got off my bike to have a closer look to see what I was up against. In the distance you could see bikes flying over the doubles, clearing tabletops, screaming over the the whoops - Man this looks fun... Well I got on my bike and headed out for my first lap around the MX track thinking that it should be much easier than trail riding because I wouldn't have to dodge trees, manipulate roots and stumps and I could see where I was going... NOT!!! I hit the first turn with all the confidence in the world and as I was picking my bike up off the ground I realized that this was not going to be easy. I slowly made my way around the track slipping through the mud barely able to go straight without falling and climbing jumps that I dare not take at any speed (people jump these things?) I succesfully made it all the way around the track in one piece but I now know that there is alot to be learned.

After a few hours the sun came out and the tractors were turning the dirt over on the track.. many people were out riding and things were getting less slippery. I made a few more laps on the track but was scared to jump anything - those ramps are very intimidating when there is nothing on the other side of them. I have to admit that I have a lot more respect for the guys that you see riding this stuff in the mud and still kicking ass.. as for me - I will come back to ride in the dust when my back wheel has a little more traction.. All in all this place was a blast and I did have fun.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Sorry we missed you, Jeff. We went out Sunday. I (again) screwed up my powervalve linkage and it cost me a trip to two hospitals. Once I can focus for long enough I'll do a decent write-up.

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
Gomer
Ivan told me about your spill - Did not sound like a fun day at all. Hope you get better quick and get back on that bike.. Love to go ridiin with you guys sometime.. when it isn't so muddy anyway.

Jeff

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Dang Gomer!

Maybe next time, you should follow ME around TNT. At my speeds you would have a very hard time gettin' hurt.:( "I think i'm fast, I think i'm fast..."

Hey Truespode,

aren't we supposed to help protect the simple-minded from themselves?

ANGIE

May 29, 2001
Good grief Gomer are you trying for a record? What happened? Are you OK?

Man be careful!! Next time follow me around the track. ;)

Hope everythings OK.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom