To Quote Ivan: "Sure is Quiet in Here."

B

biglou

Not that I have anything interesting to say, but our exclusive forum is dead! There's the killer deli tray sitting over there untouched, the ice in the ice bucket is melting. And I can't believe no one is touching the maccadamia nuts. My God, those are like $1 per nut! All those AF500's are still leaning against the wall over by the meticulously groomed, indoor practice track. Boxes upon boxes of Tech 8's sitting there unopened. Julius is asleep over on the couch with drool running down his chin. Me? I'm in the coat room going through everyone's pockets looking for loose change. So what's going on? What do we need to do to breathe some life into this party? Don't tell me everyone's burned out. What are ya, old or somethin'?:p

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yes it has been quiet. I’m just getting back up to speed posting on DRN. I was pretty bummed out after Sept 11th and was having a tough time thinking about much else.

Good luck finding any change. I already got it all ;) and rumor has it that JP has been drooling on the deli platter

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Who cut the cheese? :eek:

B

biglou

The cheese came pre-cut on the deli tray. Oh, wait, I see. Just because I've been eating Patman's chili, everyone assumes it was me! :p
OK, Somebody crack a window.:o

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You guys can use this forum for whatever you want. If you want it to by a mini DRN and ask real questions then GO FOR IT. You guys are helping keep the lights on so you might as well take advantage of it.

B

biglou

I like the idea.

But wouldn't we want to share the info if there was something really usefull going on in here? Maybe copy it out into the appropriate forum, or is that wasting bandwidth? IMO, there are a few jackasses out there but nothing like early this spring, sheesh, what a time! And I also think that there are a boatload of great members that aren't on the support team. Actually, I believe that the majority of this board's members fall into that catagory.
Just thinking out loud here. No real point.

And I have asked some questions in here just to have a smaller audience for fear of being ridiculed by the entire www!!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Would you guy's be quiet. I was trying to take a nap in here.

Darn, thought I found a quiet place.:confused:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I hear what you're saying Ivan. Today is the first time in a while that I've actually spent some time on DRN. There's definitely been a change of attitude here on DRN lately. I do remeber the "old" days when you could post your opinion and not get flamed from four or five different members, unless you were posting a bunch of usless drivel about race gas ;), but even then those minor misunderstandings were soon forgotten.

Nowdays it seems like we have self-appointed experts who span four or five different forums. If you post something they disagree with it becomes a never ending battle. I've been sucked into the vortex of some of these battles and frankly I've kicked myself every time. As someone told me, "it's like beating your head against a wall since it only feels good when you stop!"

I realize I'm not always contributing useful information, but there are times I feel that the few quality contributions I make aren't appreciated. Therefore I have been spending more time on other, smaller boards with fewer members whom I have respect for. I can also post questions there and not get a bunch of useless responses from 12 year-old's who ride CT70's in the back yard.

This is nothing against DRN, Okie or any of the mods. It's simply just one of the problems associated with being the most popular dirtbike forum on the web. I'll continue to hang here on DRN with my "friends" for the time being. Hopefully we'll get some more participation in this forum.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Woodsrider - If someone is over the top or just being a pain-in-the-as help us out and let us know. If you aren't comfortable doing it here then e-mail me or Okie or any of the mods and we'll try to resolve it. If it's a mod then Okie will deal with that as well. We count on you guys to be our eyes and ears out here. Losing a few troublemakers to make the overall place better has never been a problem.

The same goes for all of you guys. PM or e-mail or whatever. The quicker we deal with things like this the better. We don't want the jerk-offs to displace the good members.

B

biglou

Growing pains.

It's easy to forget sometimes that this is a global network and just how big this place has become. Personally, it seems like things are running pretty smoothly right now. Not like when the "Three Amigos" seemed to rush in and gang-r*** any forum they saw fit. It still seems to hold true that a small minority of the overall membership does the majority of the posting. Every now and then there is a personallity that just jumps out at you, either for the better or the worse of the board. When I started lurking here, I think there were in the neighborhood of 1700 members. You really felt like you knew who most of the people posting were. Nowadays, just a certain few new ones stick with you. It still seems, however, that the good ones far outweigh the bad ones. I am still very happy to be a member here.

B

biglou

Well put, Ivan.

I agree that I too, look at the thread's originator or who make the last post before I decide to go in or not. Some days it's just like driving past a bad car accident. I don't really wanna look, but I can't help myself! And sometimes I just want to see how dang stupid some folks can get. I can say that currently, there are no members that I avoid for any reason, as was the case earlier in the year. But, I feel that I am not as easily annoyed or ticked off as the average guy. Of course, that's a self-evaluation so it may not be viable. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Might be kinda' quiet because some folks are playing catchup after DW? I know I was and still am a little bit.

I think having this side room was always intended as a sort of "make it your own" type of place. Most of the people with keys to this area (I say most because Ivan and BigLou are in here :D ) are "the good ones" and there is a higher level of trust that things won't go stupid in here.

Make it what YOU want, me I think I'll go start a new thread on a topic I like and see where it goes.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
cheese? I prefer Hot Pepper

B

biglou

Hey, at least there's some activity in here now!;) BTW-I didn't get a key. I picked the lock!:)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
When school was out this forum was definitely a safe haven for me.

There are still a couple of members out there that are idiots with avators (IMO). I steer clear of posting after they have. I am fortune that most of my DRN time is spent in the Euro bike forum, and for the most part it remains very civil in there.

I do like the camaraderie in the orange room! Keep up the good work Patman

:D

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by Strick

idiots with avators

Oh I'm sorry Strick,did you call me, dhoward shot me in the ear with squirt chesse and I could'nt hear a thing

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by JPIVEY
Oh I'm sorry Strick,did you call me, dhoward shot me in the ear with squirt chesse and I could'nt hear a thing
How sure are you that it was cheese?:scream:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
A lot of topics have gone on that are fine but nothing I want to get involved in. I have found that I look at who originated the post before looking and also who was the last respondant
I kinda think some of the reason things have been real quiet is the depression caused from DW01 being over. I, too, read certain peoples posts and avoid others. I'm suffering from a spousel problem right now so anything that will get my mind thinking about something else is welcome. There is two seperate races this weekend and I CAN'T go to either one. One race is only 20 minutes from the house and a local shop was going to pay for the entry fee, fuel, oil, and fork seals plus LABOR. Oh, well.
Rich, I sometimes feel like contacting a mod about a post but I hestitate. Then I see the post locked. It's not that I feel afraid or uncaring but just more like hands off. I was recently in a thread in the flame board that started reasonalbly and a yahoo injected some unnecessary half-wit and within a few minutes, boom, locked. It didn't really bother me but I was being civil and the member I was sparing with was also being civil, just a bit more heated.
The three amigos were funny at first but really got obnoxious and I'm glad something was done.
The volume of threads is enormous and sometimes posts go unresponded to. I've asked a few questions and got ZERO responses. I guess winning a bike makes me less needed on help. In those cases I turned to the PM's and got good, quick tips and advice.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Anybody know where inna heck is Casey, Illinois?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I here tell there's a fella by the name Swift, BSwift I think. He'll know how to get there for sure.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Heck, bswift slept all the way there and was feeling the effects of adult beverages and pain pillls on the way home. I think he does know how to get to the doctors office there though.:D

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It's Alive!

What are you guys doing in here? Some kinda crisis going on? Man,I need to stop sleeping through meetings.

Damn! Now I have a "sleeper dot" on my forehead. If I had a b***r and some notebooks, this would be just like high school.

Lou, I don't drool--I RULE! :silly:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
How to get to Casey?

Take I44 east from St. Louis to Greenup, Ill. Turn right, turn left at the first stop sign. Go 4.5 miles to LTM(Lincoln Trails Motorpark), continue on 4.5 miles until you are in Downtown Casey, Ill.
At the Pharmacy, NE corner of main intersection, turn left(north) and go 3/4 of a mile until the road curves NE and hang a left. Go three blocks and you are at the back entrance to the Doctors office.
PS When traveling West on I44, stop in St. Clair, MO and say hi to the nice people at the Phillips Station. They can help you out of jam and they will let you drive a lifted up Chevy 4X4 if you'll wash it.:cool:
Snooooze, eh,....I think I'm catching a cold.:scream:

Top Bottom