GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Hey- i was woundering what you riders do for tool bag kits-
I need some ideas on what to do and where to mount it-- i don't like my stock tool bag so i took it off any one use a front fender bag?

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
I use a fanny pack around my waist....The weight is noticable and it sometimes bounces but it also alows me to hold two water-bottles. It's well worth it.....Also consider the camel-back type drink systems. Many have extra pockets in addition to the drink capacity.
those are some more options
Tim

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
My purple fender bag was torn so I replaced it with a Samsonite camera bag from Wal-Mart...set me back a whole $7.47! I cut the the shoulder strap off and used the thick plastic base from the stock tool bag to provide some rigidity. The bag has lot's off zippers and pockets and such. I like it.

AlOT cheaper than the aftermarket bags from Moose, DBG, etc.

That's my two cents worth.

Later on,
Chuck

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
I went to a plastics place & bought a lunch box/food container thingy to slip inside my toolbag, this stops the bag getting ripped so easily by screwdrivers etc. I also made a velcro strap (~$4 of velcro tape) to hold the lid of the box on.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I went on e-bay and bought a old kdx 420 rear fender bag. Its simply,,, HUGE and holds alot.. I can zip it on and cut it off when i dont need it at mx tracks. But i can hold all the parts and tools... but i never use them on my bike.. its always someone else that needs them. lol HEY,,,, I tryed to get them to buy a kdx,, now there bumming...:)

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Come to think of it Speedy, you're right. Everytime I've had to pull a tool out it's been for someone else's bike. Always seems to be a KTM too! Seems to me that those pumpkins are always breaking down... but the people who own them sure do love them.

Out,
Chuck

Top Bottom