taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
TORO Race #102 - November 10 & 11, 2001

Okay, for those of you who missed TORO (Texas Off-Road Racing) race number one here is your opportunity to redeem yourself and your errant ways.:cool:

Extremeland MX Park will be hosting this fine series on Nov. 10th & 11th & the track/terrain promises to be even better than BSGP's (TORO Race One) event. The 10th is practice & the 11th is raceday.

And as usual, this series is not for the meek or faint of heart.:eek:

Click Here for details

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I'll be there, along with the old man. AND I'M RACING THIS WEEK!!!! Whooo hoooo. 250 C watch out, cause here I come, lol. It's gonna be great, I'm so excited. And it's so close to the house too. Man I love TORO. :)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Hey, YZ, good luck. My 16-year-old son and I will be there as well, and it will be his first race ever. He's pretty excited about it. Look us up--we have the white Chevy conversion van towing a black open trailer with a white box on the front. He's number C326, and I'm C534 (old guys class). We'll be out for Saturday's practice, then back home to sleep in our own beds, and back out early Sunday for the rider's meeting. Hope to see you there.

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I will be present and sporting a cleaned, adjusted carb, and newly adjusted valves on my #C133 KLX. Bye-bye starting problems, hello podium.
Den

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Podium? lol. You crack me up. Good luck though.

Hey JMD, what class is your son in? Look for me in one of the TORO staff shirts, I shouldn't be too hard to find. Long blond hair, big (round the middle that is), prolly wearin sunglasses. Yea, my dad rides the same old man's class, but I can't remember what number.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I'm number C221, by the way.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Jimbo rides in the 200 and under C class, No. C326. He's pretty stoked; thinks he's going to beat the old man. He probably will; I have more speed, but only for about five minutes, then I get tired and he'll likely pass me. I may kick him as he goes by. :p

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I am stoked about this one!

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday with my 2 sons.
Look for C449 on a 98 YZ 125 and P325 & 325 (PeeWee PW80s).

Come and say Hi!

-jeffd

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Oh boy....
here we go again :think

Let's see -
My 1st race in 14 years,
Taraker is behind me for a considerable amount of time (the mini bike did a good job of keeping his big mean ole 426 at bay for a while:))

In short, me and my minibike:
*Finished the 1st race(big accomplishment IMO)
*Did NOT come in last (could have though b/c of &^%$ last-lap crash)
*Posted some decent lap times (15 mins lap 1 and 17.1xx laps 2,3,&4 - we won't go into the last lap where some 3.5 minutes mysteriously were added to my lap times when I stopped to inspect a berm :scream: )

and most importantly

*Didn't have to stop and PUKE like some other riders did their 1st few races (Taraker, does that sound familiar? :scream: )

We'll see just how the mini-bike does over time...

BTW - Good luck at the START of the next event, I hear those diesels are temperamental :p

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Jeff I wanna come see your sons race. They racing the PeeWee class? Tell em they're gonna have to beat my sister or else they'll never hear the end of it. :)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Yup. The boys are racing in the PeeWee 65 C class. According to Taraker I should be racing my YZ in the PeeWee class. That boy talks more trash than Fred Sanford :scream:

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Who's Fred Sanford? Some old guy thing that I wouldn't know?

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
I'm thinking about trying the cross country racing thing this weekend. How long is the race(in miles)? I will probably race the +30 C, don't want to over do it the first time. I have been wanting to try this and since it is so close it is a great opportunity. Just nobody run me over.:eek:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
The race is run in a hare scramble format with a dead engine start. The race lasts for 1 hour + 1 lap. At the last event the track was 6.5 miles long and most folks got in 5 laps (Taraker will swear he got in 9 :p ). The upcoming event @ Xtremeland will have a track that is ~7.5 miles long.

Read all about it here:
http://www.race-toro.org/TORO-Xtreme EventFlier.03mp.pdf

Come on out and give it a try. A word of caution though...
There are some 45-50 riders registered in the over 30C class. They really need to break it into 2 classes IMO.

-jeffd

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by yzguy15
Who's Fred Sanford? Some old guy thing that I wouldn't know?

BwaaaHaaaHaaa!!!

You got me! I guess I actually am old. :o

Fred Sanford was on a TV show about an old man that ran a junk yard. Waaaayyyy before your time.

I tell ya, these young whipper-snappers these days....

-jeffd

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Remember that your bike has to be 251cc to run the open class so you might have to race the +30. There were only about 30 guys on line last race even though 50 have signed up. Membership is nearing capacity if they stay with the original 500 member maximum so hurry if you haven't signed up.

Taraker is the Schmack(talkin)Daddy and wanted to sign up for the PeeWee class but he knew Jeff's twins would blow him away.

LETS RACE!
Den

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Checked out the registration and maybe I will go for the Open C. Only 24 in there.

Not have ridden a cross country before, on the short course, is 2 gal tank enough to finish the race or is a pit needed for gas? Not that I could go 1 hr without stopping for something else.

Thanks. I may need some help figuring all this out.

BTW Fred Sanford was great.:o

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Come on out Scott!

Look forward to seeing you at the track.

-jeffd

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Jeez, give a guy a break & look what happens......

Jeffery was riding his butt off to stay ahead of me & I was trying not to scare him by riding so close behind that he would end up freaking out & crashing into a tree on his new little minibike.
Additionally, the guy was blowing so many corners & swerving all over the trail I had to be careful I didn't take myself with an aggressive pass, so I waited half a lap before I made a nice clean easy pass. Now Jeffery thinks he's Randy Hawkins incarnate.........:confused:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
There 2 sides to every story;)

I think I ran a pretty good race until the last lap when I stopped to inspect that berm. :confused: Dennis was there to witness my crappy finish as I fought with a grumpy shifter and was basically exhausted. Make no mistake - I was tired after it was over and cussing myself for blowing that berm.

BTW - that swerving was me keeping you at bay. It worked for a while too. Heck, I figure if I ride with real with my eyes opened really wide with a crazed look in them and swerving somewhat erratically I can keep lots of folks waaaay back.:p

Give me break Taraker - You have been at this a while. I will only get better, so keep an eye out for me and my mini-bike!

See you at the races,
-jeffd

Last edited:

mhall

Aug 7, 2001
A 2 gallon tank won't quit cut it. We made 7 laps in the A group and I had to pit on the start of lap 5, may have been able to finish the 5th. Running out of gas at on the back part of the track is no fun, unless of course you are lucky enough to get lapped, then the small tank might make it. It's always nice to see that leader zoom by right before you cross the finish.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Woohooo!

No dust is a good thing. Just e-nuff water to make it good.

-jeffd

Top Bottom