Trade UFO Twins headlight for stock light

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I recently purchased a 2000 KDX 200. It has the UFO Twins headlight assembly with the 2 12V 35W bulbs. I love the way it looks, but honestly, it does not provide enough light for night riding. I ride quite a bit at night in thick woods and need a little brighter light. The assembly is white with a black pre-cut number background. It is in very good shape. One of the rubber straps is torn, but you can buy a set of 4 for $7.00. I am looking to trade with someone for a stock headlight assembly that's in good condition. If anyone is interested, let me know! I will be happy to send pictures to anyone who is interested. Thanks!

Here is a website with a photo of the light in case you don't know what it looks like.

http://www.mxsouth.com/ufo/ufo10headli.htm

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
This thread will probably get deleted, however, I consider it completely appropriate for this KDX forum. My .02 cents. What didn't you like about the twins headlight, KDX readers like myself would like to know.

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I apologoze in advance if this thread was posted in the wrong place or if we aren't allowed to sell on here. I have only been reading the forum for like a week. I upgraded from a 96 XR 250 to a 2000 KDX 200 and just found the forum.

As for the lights, like I said, they really look cool. The fit is great and the quality seems to be fine. The only problem is the light output. With 2 35W bulbs, the KDX just doesn't have enough juice to power both of them as much as they need. The lights are very dim and, at night, look like a flashlight with dead batteries. It appears as though the bulbs are working at about 50% of what they should be. My 35W light on my XR is easily twice as bright as the UFO lights. If you disconnect one of the bulbs, the other one works great. But with both, there's just not enough power there. It's a shame too because the lights are designed to focus one beam further out and one more wide in front of the bike. I think that the UFO lights would be great on a 4 stroke...especially a larger displacement like my dad's DRZ 400. Since I ride so much at night, I have to have something with a lot more light. Hope this helps!

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
Why don't you just install a rewound stator? That is what I did with my UFO twins, plenty bright now. Rewound stators are about $70 and availible a few places, look for Moose or Electrex brand.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom