Hiller

May 22, 2001
I also had a great time. My friends, Roy and Aron (rocketman) also had a great time.
Thanks to all who helped out, Mike M, gas crews, and everyone who brought food.
I wish we could have stayed to see the night time racing events, but, my buddy had to get home for hunting Sunday. :think:
I'll see y'all in the Spring.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Great time, Great people, Great riding, Great food, Great Drinks, Life is good.
Had a blast, thanks everyone.
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Kurt had this for everyone to see. I guess going off the back of a three hunny KTM can be scary huh Mike?

Attachments

• untitled-3.jpg
    untitled-3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 175

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Fred,

You were'nt supposed to tell him where the pic came from!! Now he's gonna make sure they charge me double everytime I get a part from LC!!!

Great time for sure. I'm looking forward to riding with all of you guys again. Hopefully it will be warmer, and then sleeping in a tent wont be so bad!! A bit chilly :eek:

Thanks to all that put this ride together, and donated food fro saturday night. That was a cookout even if it was cold.

Just now thawed out,
-Kurt

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Mike,

Man, that KTM is looking pretty haggard! Hopefully you are not feeling so haggard today. That must have been a nasty loop out! I wish I could help you out but I already gave you all the KTM plastic I had!

Many thanks to everyone who helped to make for another great weekend despite the COLD weather. If you did not stick around for the ride on Sunday, you missed the best riding of the weekend and maybe the year! Perfect conditions, not too cold, and even a little sunshine. It was good to see such a large group of new faces as well as old friends. Special thanks (again) to Fred for feeding everyone. My two kiddies rate the Fred-burgers a close second to riding at the LMC grounds! As usual, the burgers were great.

Happy Trails

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hi All...

F&S and Fred T: Thanks for hosting another great TF. With the momentum of this event, you may find yourselves with a mini dirtweek of your very own! You've help give a lot of people a great opportunity to ride and meet each other. I think they'd come up for the burgers alone!

SweepRider - Thanks for keeping an eye on Zach on Saturday. He had a blast riding with Hannah. XR-80s next year???

Napper and Badgerman - Thanks for not having to load my bike and drive my rig back!

Also.... thanks to no (real) rain or snow, electrical hook ups and space heaters, a little sun on Sunday, no dust, nobody hurt, good food, and sore muscles! And to the people I met and being able to match some faces with names.

I don't have the patience to reduce all the pictures and post them to the DRN gallery, so click here to view them. If you want a high quality copy of any of them e-mailed to you, let me know.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
OK...that last post didn't work for some reason, let's try it again:

Even though I didn't go on either of the trail rides, I still had fun riding around on the trails on the clubgrounds, along with learning brakeslides and finding a new love for wheelies :aj: ! :yeehaw: Hopefully I'll be out on the trails next year.

I hope to see you all again sometime, it was a blast!!

rideblue0

Feb 21, 2001
Creeper9's buddy here,I had a blast at TF2002,even though i did get lost(lol). Factory Fred's burgers ROCKED!!Thanks Fred T.Its too bad F&S messed up his bike a little.That tent stuff was a little tough,but not unbearable.I also got to test out my Moose Expedition jacket and pants,and they worked awesome.Oh yeah,ask KTM Mike about his new adjustable countershaft sprocket he has(lol).

Cant wait till TF2003!!! :thumb:

If your not fallin' down,your not ridin' hard enuf!!

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
MWEISSEN, I am glad to have had you there as I laid there going wow I just railed into a tree.!? I will be at ALL trailfests for now on. I am very grateful for the great time I have had. I cannot wait for more of this. We all looked crazy with so many riders in the woods. It felt awesome. I also want to extend huge thankyou for the hospitality, ie-Fredt T, burgers,etc.,...you rock dude. !
I am impressed and will be back for more!
Thank god for dirtbikes...

Jim

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Wow! looks like you all had fun. Sorry I had to miss it. Some one is going to have to tell the story on the maurer-bend bars and backroost fender.

Brian

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Brian, I guess I'll tell part of the story, since I was there to see it. F&S and Michman were waiting together for everyone to make a turn off the road onto the trail. I went in, and a couple minutes later could sense two bikes intensely on my tail, so pulled off the trail Michman and F&S screamed on by BAR TO BAR (couldn't resist - Thanks Art Eckman!), with Michman pulling the lead. They both hith a straight whoop section and F&S's bike when cartwheeling off the top of a whoop. While a good endo, it didn't look as bad as the bike looked. F&S had a dirt bike on the left side, and a cafe racer on the right in terms of his bars. Most of the fender was wound up in the rear wheel, and a pair of snips took care of the rest.

F&S was super-cool through the whole thing. That's guy's made of steel!

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
to Tom Dixon....

I hope you had as much fun on my 200 as you will have raking my leaves this

weekend. Next year I will ride my bike and you can pick potatoes.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Mr. Iott,
I don't believe that was in the deal... :think: IF you ever want to sell the beast let me know ;) it is awsome bike. Just ask Brad, I was flying.

And I will leave the leaves up to you! (pun intended)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Tonight I discovered that I needed to become a subscriber to post pics in the gallery for the Michigan Trail Riders - so the good news is I did and I just posted a few pics from Trailfest IV. I think it takes a day or so before they are "approved" so take a look some time tomorrow.

ClickHERE

There are shots of the night races saturday night and a few others.

Oh - Rideblue0 - you dont think my shrinking diameter of the front sprocket was good? I thought it made for a progressive gearing!

Update: I guess I was wrong...no delay to view! they are there already. Go take a look

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
COOL! Thanks for the pics Mike!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I am now a subscriber and proud of it!!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
All I can say is WOW!. What a great weekend. More people attended this Trailfest than any other. It was great to see old friends and to meet new ones. The size of the the group is getting big enough that we may need to get a permit from the DNR,
We plan (at least) two of these events each year. I am already trying to think of ways to improve these events, but I will start a new post for any suggestions.
Thanks to all that attended and I look forward to riding with everyone again next year.

Mike

P.S. Hey Creeper - nice picture (not really). Be careful at the next trailfest (especially if you are in a tent). Things do tend to go BUMP in the night.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Mike, for some reason I can't PM. I've got some standard diameter bars off my KTM if you're interested.

The event was GREAT! It's great to see the turnout growing with each event. We all appreciate what you go through to arrange this.

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
F&S,

Don't you mean things go pitter patter in the night on my tent (as in yellow rain drops? :scream: ) rather than bump? Don't worry, I'm sure that when I bust up a bike that bad, you'll probably be there to see it!! My luck usually works that way.

-Kurt

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Rideblue

thanks. I had wanted to take the digital camera with me on the trail but could not bring myself to given the rainy conditions. I need to come up with a good way to carry it and protect it from damage.

If anyone wants me to email them a high(er) resolution pic let me know. I have a few more i did not post as well.

Hey Creeper9 - what you doin given F&S ideas like that! Remind me to never be in the same tent you are!

Top Bottom