WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
None of them...

but then again I lived out west.

Around here, I've been told Mass. has a good system, but I really haven't been over there (other than the Tri-State Enduro) to check it out.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
I have been on a few great dual-sport rides in Mass., they call them turkey runs up there though. NJ certainly is not the state you are looking for. :(

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
You're looking in the wrong places. And I guess it depends on what you opinion of good trails are.

You're probably right about looking in the wrong places, where should I look. I say this because I ride with guys from NH and Mass, we ride the state trail systems in NH. They always travel to NH to ride because they say there is no good trails to ride in Mass, some of them live in the south shore of Mass which is a 1.5 to 2 hour commute. They make the journey twice a month and I beleive they wouldn't do this if there were trails in their backyard. They are not the only ones because I meet people all the time from Mass that say the same thing.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying there are no good trails in Mass I just dont know where they are, nor does anyone else. When we meet other riders on the trails we always ask where they are from and where they like to ride because we are always looking for new places to roost and noone has ever mentioned Mass so If you know of any good places to ride "legally" then please post.
Last year we went to Sanford Maine based on reports of good riding and I must say those hillclimbes where the best I've ever crashed on. Two good places in Southern NH are the Rockingham Recreational trail system "powerlines" in Sandown and Clough state park in Weare.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Buy a trail loop map ot two from NETRA. There are several Berkshire loops, Tolland and October Mountian and I think (Don't Quote me) there's one in Wrentham. Beware what I may think is fun you may not. Some of these loops are rocky (You get that here in New England).You do need a plate. I'm sure there's good place in New Hampshire too. MA and NH seem like the only states with legal riding. There is Pachaug if you are "street legal" in the wonderful State of Connecticut.

gasgas01

Mar 17, 2002
I live 1/4 mile from the pachaug forest and i have a vermont reg. it only costs 23.50 if your sales tax was paid and i ride out there every weekend. I very rarely see dep out there and it has some of the best technical trails around. Most of the good trails are not marked on a map so it's good to go with someone that knows their way around.

Top Bottom