parkerCR

Nov 8, 2001
I rebuilt my 01 CR250 a few weeks ago and have only ridden uo the street and back. Tranny oil is leaking out onto the garage floor in small amounts. I have an aftermarket magnetic drain plug and I attempted to retighten it today.

There is still a leak and I am not sure how to fix the problem.
Is there a chance I stripped the bolt or the drain hole? I don't think I could have, though it does slant back at a 45 degree angle.

Thanks in Advance!

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Where is it leaking from?? If it is leaking from the bolt hole, i have a quick fix although it is definetly not a solution. I had a KX that leaked from the bolt hole and I applied high temp RTV to the base of the bolt (around the collar). Problem was solved.

Erik

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
back the bolt out, clean it all up , check the threads and see how it goes back in. it should screw in easy with your fingers until it gets snug.

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
Yep, and if it is the bolt, ensure that your crush washer is taking up the righta mount of slack. If a bit stripped, then u can wrap teflon tape around the bolt to snug things up, or u can Helicoil the bolt hole. I had one a dude stripped, and rode fine for seasons with the teflon tape trick...

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
You say you rebuilt your bike. Did that include splitting the cases? If so, you may have kinked the case gasket putting it back together.

Top Bottom