Taylorwardtm

Mar 10, 2016
Looking at buying a Yamaha TT-R125 to learn the basics on and do some trail riding. Found one for $500 that needs a new carb, but according to the seller, that's all that's wrong. I don't intend on keeping my first bike very long, one I save some money and get comfortable, I'll be buying a dual sport 250. Here are the questions I have:

Are all ttr125's 4-stroke?

Is there a way to raise the tension in the rear arm to not drop too far?

And is installing a new carb pretty easy for someone who is technically inclined?

Thanks for reading my newbie questions!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Looking at buying a Yamaha TT-R125 to learn the basics on and do some trail riding. Found one for $500 that needs a new carb, but according to the seller, that's all that's wrong. I don't intend on keeping my first bike very long, one I save some money and get comfortable, I'll be buying a dual sport 250. Here are the questions I have:

Are all ttr125's 4-stroke?

Is there a way to raise the tension in the rear arm to not drop too far?

And is installing a new carb pretty easy for someone who is technically inclined?

Thanks for reading my newbie questions!

Yes all TTR125s are four strokes. BBR sells a rear spring for heavier riders, They are a great company. http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Products/Products.aspx

Installing a stock carb on that bike is very simple, using a non-stock carb is much more difficult. For what it's worth, I've never seen a TTR125 carb fail, so I would seriously doubt that was the root cause of his issues.

Top Bottom