BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What are everyone's plans? The Tejas guys are doing Muenster Friday and Saturday. I'm open, even for a rode trip. Received my pipe today. I'll try to get the bike preped tomorrow nite. Moto, woods, both, whatever.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
would you be interested in coming over here friday or saturday and riding at lake hudson? there is a riding area with miles of trails and a small tt track. it's fairly rocky except near the river bottom. i haven't ridden there in years but everyone that comes out usually has a pretty good time. it's probably about 60 miles from you brian.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Oldmaiconut, have they been watering the track? The 500 is probably pretty dusty, isn't it, Craig? I don't mind rocks, Jay. I'm amped up to ride. If I ride rocks, I'll hold off on putting the new rear tire on though. Wellston would be fun for Sunday if they have watered the track.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Work will keep me in Stillwater so I guess I will be at the 500 eating Roger and Craigs dust.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
mx547 said:
no saturday ride for me. i won two tickets to the ou-osu game. :nener:
Lucky!

You all have a good ride and a great holiday.
If you are down by the red river on sunday, come on out to Nocona.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okie, you going to Muenster Friday or Saturday?

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
The track has been in good shape the last two weekends. It's been watered and disced except for the first downhill section. I guess it's too hard to get the equipment down in there. There are some wicked braking bumps and a tricky hard pack corner down there. The rest of the track has been loose and tacky. I'll be riding IT AGAIN sUNDAY.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Zerotact said:
Looks like a scratch for chadwick...
Prolly head down witha friend to the river front grand prix in ft scott...

You better make that Fort Smith Arkansas which is another 3 hours or so from Fort Scott Kansas. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MX547 and I met up at a small track near Inola yesterday. It was fun but hard packed and dusty. We then went to a trail area near Lake Hudson where Jay got a pinch flat and ripped the valve stem off the rear tube. I had a great day but I was so sore this morning that I canceled a trip to another area. I hope to feel up to going to Sooner State in Wellston on Sunday.
I tood several hard landings on the hard pack track and I really feel it this morning. Jay looked smooth as usual and seems to be regaining his tempo. I could tell he was truely enjoying being back on a bike. :ride:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm going to try and be there 10:30ish.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm a no show due to the high wind. We've got grass/brush fires all around us. Going to keep a close eye on the situation.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The fire is now about 1/2 mile south. Six fire depts on the scene. 50+mph winds. Preperring to evac if it gets within 1/4 mile. Animals, clothes, and important docs only, everything else is insured. If I'm not online in a day or so I'll get word somehow or another.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
there's a large grass fire about a mile south of us. we followed the first fire truck out. when we got there, the fire was in the industrial park and was only about an acre. within fifteen minutes it had jumped the railroad and five lane highway and was heading towards town. when we left it had already covered about two miles and several outlying subdivisions were evacuated. it should go east of town, unless the wind shifts, so we should be okay here.

Top Bottom