the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
TWMC's HaVa-Rock Outing, 9/17

SurfAllDay ... START TIME IS 8 AM !

OK - the outing is on Sunday, September 17th. Get there early - like the night before or 6:30 AM on Sunday.

Take 15 north past Apple Valley toward Barstow. Soon you'll see signs for the Stoddard Wells OHV area.

The outing is East off the Outlet Center Drive exit off the 15. Follow the day-glo TWMC arrows to camp.

Bring lots of water and all your bike protection, guards, etc. It's rocky.

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Surf - what I posted above is not a race but a club outing .... TWMC has one of these each month.

The race at Red Mountain is the Ghost Rider Enduro, which is part of the District 37 Enduro Series. That isn't until October 15th.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
My plan is to be there to debut the new steed. i should be out Sat night.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
scar tissue said:
My plan is to be there to debut the new steed. i should be out Sat night.

Looking forward to the big debut ! What's it like so far ?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
It's great. Lighter, a bit smaller, and much tigher feeling than my race beat up KTM. Everything is straight and work smooth. The susp is awesome. it reallt soaks up the trail junk even in stock form. I dialed in the MXA recommended settings and am all smiles so far. I'll have to see how it does on the track in a GP later this month. From riding Andrew Kings at a club event, I knew it turned well, but was a bit worried that maybe my memory was better than actual. Nope, this bike turns great, is stable and really feels glued to the ground in the tight twisty's.

I just swapped in Boysen rad valve, messed w the jetting a bit, and changed from a 50 to 48 tooth spocket and added a flywheel wieght. It's amazing how much stuff I had on my KTM. We'll see how these mods do this weekend.

Hows the new GG ?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Glad to hear it .. sounds like an awesome ride.

I've actually only ridden the GG once so far. Suspension is much nicer than my 300 and the bike definitely feels lighter. The motor has me puzzled as it did not run well on my break-in ride. I ordered the jetting kit that everyone uses in the GGs and I'll know more about the motor this weekend. I also added the large volume powervalve cover that I had on my 300 - adds bottom. It definitely did not pull like my 300 off the bottom and that was the whole point - less tiring off the bottom over the long haul. I'll report after this weekend ... I'm gonna junk the Michelin M12 stock tires and replace with some new Kendas, I need to get my damper setup, and I have some radiator braces I need to intsall. Otherwise, I'm all set. I might gear it down a bit though - stock is 13/48, but I think it might need a little more oomph so I might try 13/50 or 51.

surfallday

Aug 6, 2006
No makey group ride

Hey Eric, Scott, not gonna make this ride, you made me burn up my clutch on rattlesnake trail and I am waiting until next week to get it.

Oh well. anyway have a good time

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm going to pass on this weekend.
Lots of small things adding up to make it not worth it. have fun. Let me know if they found some rocky trails out there for once. :bang:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I have my son this weekend and will be riding out there. We will ride by and see if you guys are back in yet.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Luckily that clutch will be easy to fix.
My bike is down as well, and precludes me from rock country. I'm debating whether or not to buy a second bike with all you guys and your spankin new rides, and Kiwi with his 4 scoots.
I just can't get that 06 YZ125 out of my head.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
kelsorat said:
. I'm debating whether or not to buy a second bike with all you guys and your spankin new rides, and Kiwi with his 4 scoots.

do it....do it

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
scar tissue said:
I'm going to pass on this weekend.
Lots of small things adding up to make it not worth it. have fun. Let me know if they found some rocky trails out there for once. :bang:

Same applies to me, plus tire change at camp last weekend revealed some needed bike maintenance.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
kelsorat said:
My bike is down as well, and precludes me from rock country. I'm debating whether or not to buy a second bike with all you guys and your spankin new rides, and Kiwi with his 4 scoots.

Oh, Ill have 3 or 4 bikes total before long, but of course, *I* will not be riding anything newer than my 8 year old wore out ol scoot. Thinking maybe bringing the family into riding not so good for me. :|

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
so how was the race?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
kelsorat said:
I'm debating whether or not to buy a second bike with all you guys and your spankin new rides, and Kiwi with his 4 scoots.

I've often thought of getting a 125 and putting a big bore kit in it as a 2nd bike. It would be a great trail- woods bike. Or you could just get the KTM 200.
For me, whenever I've had 2 bikes, one just sits 95% of the time, so I end up selling it. but thats just me.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
scar tissue said:
so how was the race?

I dont know, except for I should have gone. I did more damage staying home, too much Cap'n. Sunday, head was like this :bang: It was a shipwreck.................

Ya know those B-day parties for 1 year olds get out a hand, Im so embarressed.......................

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
You know, I have only been to one little kid Bday party that didn't have alcohol. Heck even Chuck E Cheese has beer.

And Scar you have 2 bikes already, are you saying the 3hundy is going up for sale.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
kelsorat said:
And Scar you have 2 bikes already, are you saying the 3hundy is going up for sale.

I actually have 3, but two I pass off as my kids bikes. Even though I log more time on them. :) :ride:

My 300 is already gone. I sold it very soon after getting my brand new YZ250. I realy liked that bike, and looked into getting the new 300 XC. but couldn't find any kind of a deal on them. Most places wanted over $8K OTD. The 250 is smaller feeling, lighter, plus has the Alum frame and the susp is awesome. For $5200 out the door I couldn't go wrong. Next year my plan is punch out the 250 motor to close to 300 cc.

Top Bottom