Upgrade from XR100... ( a little long )

Krioni

Jan 14, 2002
I'm trying to figure out a good bike for me to get next.

About two years ago, my wife got a 1997 XR100 for me for Christmas. It was a terrific surprise, however the bike was too small then, and since i've put on about 30 pounds over the past year, it's even worse now. So, i'm selling the bike to get a little cash to go towards a new (new to me) bike.

First, to tell you a little about myself. I'm 5' 10", weigh 175-180. I consider myself pretty much a beginner rider. I've riden this little XR100 a fair amount, but since i've put on the weight, I quit riding for the most part because I feared messing it up.

I enjoy riding trails and hills, I don't really forsee me riding any kind of tracks or anything.

So, finally to the point... I'd like some opinions on what bike to get. I'd like to stay at or below $2000. I've been thinking maybe a KDX200/220/250. Not sure what model year i'll be able to afford.

I'm really not sure about 4-stroke or 2-stroke. Either would be fine...

Please help

Thanks!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
For the XR250R, 1996 or newer is preferable but the older ones are still good. For the KDX200, look for 1995 or newer, but again, the older ones are still good bikes. The KDX220 came out in 1997, I believe, as is unchanged.

Top Bottom