SandMan817

Apr 4, 2006
like the title says im goign to upgrade form a ttr-125l. i'm really doing this because one of my freinds already has a yz-125 that he just got recently, and my other is going to get something along the lines of a 125 2-stroke. I have been looking at the yz-85 because im not as tall as them and the yz-125 is a little bit to tall for me. I've heard that the yz-85 has a whole lot of power and it can rip. Then i saw the kx-100 and i was like, that is the bike that i want. the seat height is a little bit taller than the 85 and it has more power. it can also be upgraded with the fmf sst pipe for all around perfomance increase and a shorty silencer for better low end. It is also fairly cheap, i do have a job right now so i can either buy a used one for pretty cheap or keep saving throught he summer and get one then. I would really want one sooner becuase were going to go ridding alot so i want something that can keep up with them and not be dusted when im on my ttr. i haven't really seen any really good reviews about the kx100 but i havent heard any bad news about them. My freinds are yamaha fans so they aren't really for the kawis. has anyone ever ridden them and can say any good things abou tthem? This bike should be able to pull a 135 kid while revvin through the powerbands. i would want this bike becuase: 1. more power than a 85 but not as much as a 125. 2. Seat height is perfect for my size but not to tall for discomfort. 3. Price is muych more reasonable compared to a new yz-85 or any others. so can u guys give me any good things about this bike, or should i just forget about it and look for a different one.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I don't like the way the yami designed the tank, or the chain adjuster bolts, on the YZ85. Kawasaki makes good bikes, the only things about the KX100 that I don't like are the ugly rear fender and the color green. You won't hear much bad about the 100 and it will have a lot more go than that TTR. The 125's might still outrun you, but it won't be so bad. Have fun out there.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
How tall are you?

I'm 5'4" and the RM 125 is working well for me. You can always cut the seat foam and the subframe and lower it about 1 1/2 to 2 inches while not affecting the handling. . .

That said, I've heard nothing but good things about the KX 100, so that's a great route to go as well.

Bikeopheliac

Apr 2, 2006
when i made the move from my rm 80 to the YZ125, i was 11 or 12 years old at about 5'0, 120 pounds. the bike was tall, and i could barely touch the ground, but the power was quite manageable. quickly as i could get more money together (lots of grass-cutting) i was already buying an fmf pipe, silencer, and reeds to get more power out of it. i checked your profile and, judging by your age, you will quickly outgrow the kx 100 and find yourself dumping money into engine mods, wishing you had gotten the 125. i'd go with what other guy says and just trim the seat down and maybe reduce the spring preload at the rear shock, which'll also reduce the seat height. Get the 125, trust me.

SandMan817

Apr 4, 2006
ok well guys, after reading these posts and asking a freidn, i have heard really good things out of the kx100 but the 125 would be a better bike. last time i tried sitting on a 125 was when i was about 4 inches smaller so it will probly make a difference. i dont want to buy a new one because they cost around 5grand or prolly higher. im looking into buying a used one but for fairly cheap. what is a really good bike all around and has a reliable engine? Do cr125r's have good engines or w/e the model is called. my freind already has a 06 yz125 and im pretty sure my other freind is getting one also. i dont feel like having the same bike as them so im mainly looking at honda or something. ive heard that the rm bikes are not that great. im looking for a bike with good performance all around but if the yz is the bike that i need, then i guess ill go with that. for the yz's, arent all the models before 2004 have really heavy frames? the 05 and 06 hav really light frames and much better power from their engines.

ziptiedEXC

Apr 5, 2006
Go with the yz 125, and grow in to it. As long as you can touch the ground with one foot, you will be fine. My son has a yz 125 and it seems foster than his friends cr 125 and kx 125.

Top Bottom