stevenminix

Nov 28, 2009
does v3 reeds really make much of a difference on a 02 yz 250? is there any issues after installing reeds reed cage?

chris38

Dec 20, 2009
Idk how much a difference it will make power wise compared to the other verisons. But the v3 system makes it easier to change out the reeds. You can change them out within a few mins with hardy any tools

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I suspect you will feel a difference, if it's worth it only you will know. Issues? Like what? Jetting? Sure. Like the tires going flat? I doubt it.

It will take the same tools to change VForce reeds as it takes for a stock set. Maybe a screwdriver & 8mm wrench on most bikes? It's silly to think you are replacing a reed block with another reed block and there will be any less effort or tools to do the same task.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
The Vforce3 reeds made a slight difference with my bike waking up on the bottom end, but the biggest advantage has been the life of the reeds. Whenever I bought the system I went ahead and bought replacement reed petals just to have as backup in case I ever needed them switched out on a ride. It has been two and a half years and I'm still on the original reeds. They have not warped, cracked, split, or chipped at all. They still look exactly as they did the day that I bought them. They are a little easier to change out because there is not an outer cage that you have to unscrew to lift the reeds off of the reed cage, you just slide the whole assembly out of a collar and then lift the reeds off. The only down side to the whole system is that the gaskets are a little different from the stock gaskets, so you have to order those gaskets specifically and they're both a little difficult to find and more expensive. What I have done is just went to autozone and bought a sheet of gasket material and cut them out myself. I actually think the material is better quality and for just a few bucks I have a large sheet that I could use to make 16 of those gaskets. All for a total cost of about $4.

So basically if you're looking to gain huge differences in power, you will be slightly disappointed. Again, it will probably clean up your bottom a little and give you better response at low rpm's, but no huge gains anywhere else. Overall, I'm happy with my system but if I had to go back and do it again I would have probably just stayed with the stock cage purely for the cost to performance value.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
to fully realize any difference, you will need to rejet the bike. that said, I noticed improved response on my 03 after installing and jetting.

stickshift69

Feb 9, 2010
You do not need to change your jetting after installing a v-3. They will make the power feel more crisp and responsive. They will help wake it up. Go to pro-circuits website, they have jetting specs.

Top Bottom