yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So, how's the weather for everybody else? Got any snowing going on?

Just thought I might rub in the fact that here in the Dallas area it Partly Cloudy and 73 degrees. :thumb: I actually wore shorts today. Does it really get any greater than this for December. :yeehaw: :moon: :yeehaw:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
50-60 in my part of So Cal. We even got about 5 minutes of hail. Still wearing shorts though.

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Its summer over here - which means rain, wind and temperatures around the 20 degrees celcius mark. Hopefully we will get some fine weather before summer completely finishes!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
70 degrees here at 6:00 pm. i can't enjoy it though. i'm on crutches. :ugg:

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Sunday night 20*deg 18in of snow, Tuesday 45* overcast, Wendsday supposed to be 35*deg freezing rain! cant ride in any of this plus i have nothing that runs rite now so let it snow let it snow let it snow!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
67 degrees F at 5:53 CST at Love Field, Dallas, Texas.  The wind finally died down about 3:00 AM.

Darn, I wish I could get my foot in a boot!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by yzguy15
So, how's the weather for everybody else? Got any snowing going on?

Just thought I might rub in the fact that here in the Dallas area it Partly Cloudy and 73 degrees. :thumb: I actually wore shorts today. Does it really get any greater than this for December. :yeehaw: :moon: :yeehaw:

Yep, I'm right below you here in Austin. Same weather for us too. It's starting to warm up quick today. Might have to open the windows and let some fresh air in. :thumb:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Today it was 0° F at 6:30 a.m. Got my ice tires mounted last night and only lost a little skin and blood. Ever try mounting tires that bite back?

Unfortunately it's supposed to hit 40 tomorrow and rain on Friday. :(

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Not sure what the temp. was last night, but I drove home @ 6:30 with my windows down, and I was wearing a T-shirt and shorts!&nbsp; Right now it is 61 deg.&nbsp; (And I'm stuck in my chair...until after dark) :(&nbsp;

Ice tires...I'm glad I don't have a reason to&nbsp;be mounting ice tires.&nbsp;&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by WoodsRider
Today it was 0° F at 6:30 a.m. Got my ice tires mounted last night and only lost a little skin and blood. Ever try mounting tires that bite back?

Unfortunately it's supposed to hit 40 tomorrow and rain on Friday. :(

Does that mean you have to take the darn things back off?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
No way! The first race isn't until Jan. 12th. Plenty of time for the ice to get thick. I was just hoping for some additional practice time. I haven't ridden in a month. :eek:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Did you stud your own tires, or did you buy them like that already? We had an incident down here a couple months ago in a cross country when one of the semi-pro riders studded his tires and kicked everybody's butt, including the pros, in a sloppy, nasty, slick, muddy mess of a race. I was curious about the injuries from studded tires and such, because they had a vote on a new rule outlawing it and everybody who was against it kept saying that it was incredibly dangerous...

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I have a set of ice tires that were built by Jeff Fredette. They use 1" Kold Kutter ice screws with a street bike tire for a liner and are strictly for ice racing.

I just bought a used Trelleborg rear tire and will probably buy a studded front tire. When the ground is frozen or covered in snow you can't beat the traction of spike tires especially over downed trees.

I've only heard of injuries from screw tires where a screw pulled out of a tire and imbedded in another riders hand. In ice racing you have to use fender extensions front and back. No matter what, getting run over by screws or spikes would not be a pleasant experience, but I don't see it as being incredibly dangerous.

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Too cold to ride? :think:

Not if you got the right gear! ;)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
It's soooo cold down here just got an artic front 69 degrees and clear skies! :p :p

Sorry guys the coldest it gets here is maybe 45. :moon:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Philip - I've been to Houma in the middle of August. No wonder your water table is so high. All everyone does is lay around and sweat. :scream:

Top Bottom