yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Me and the old man are going to go riding next Friday. Anybody game? Don't have a specific location picked out yet.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'm really trying not to add to my "I would, but..." posts here, so...

I get half the day off on Friday which means I can be out of here and on the road by 11am, unfortunately not earlier. Let me know what you guys plan. I'd be coming from downtown Ft. Worth, so about 1.5 hours from Muenster.

I wish I could get an earlier ride in, but that's the best I can do right now.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Possibility for me. I'm saving my days off for cool weather, so if the temps are reasonable, I might do it. But I'm not wasting a day for a 99 degree ride. So I'm a definite maybe.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am down and out for a while. Maybe a weekend ride at best. I have some projects going on. They should start building my shop in the next 2 weeks.

I found a way back in TI and even got 10 years back. That is about 4.5 weeks a year of what they call time bank. All time off rolled into one bucket. I have to accural the time back though. You get a little every month. I will be making some trips again.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
We never get on the road earlier than 9:30, and we're about 2 hrs to Muenster. I suppose that's where we'll end up again this week.

I think we'll be in my blue pathfinder with the KTM and YZF in tow.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
EDIT: I am definitely game for tomorrow. Let me know where you guys will be :cool:

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Scratch the Pathfinder part, couldn't get my hitch put on in time. We'll be in a pewter suburban pulling the aforementioned bikes. I've got the gate code if you need it, but you might still call so she knows you're coming. I reckon we'll just park on top of the hill inside the main gate, in plain view from the road. That alright? My dad has to do a little workin in the morning but he assures me we should be off by 10, which puts us there noonish. We'll probably leave around 7 (we like to stay late usually).

My cell is 469-688-7627 if you need to get ahold of me for whatever reason.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I went ahead and made an appointment. The conversation was interesting, she kept beating around the bush about not sharing the code and got even more paranoid when I said I didn't know my friend's names much less if they had already made an appointment. Anyway, I just said you guys had everything taken care of for yourselves and told her to just get my appointment made. Phew :coocoo:

Parking sounds easy to find. The only other place I've parked is down by the creek/sand area as you turn right in the main gate and follow the road down.

I'll probably be getting there slightly behind you guys, around noon-thirty.

I'll probably take off around 5:30 or so since I have plans that night, but that's about par for the course for me :blah:

My cell is: 817.929.9418

See you guys out there, I'll be in a little dark green Tacoma :cool:

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I'm not sure if you'll see this before you leave or not, but we still haven't left yet (obviously). Looks like we won't be leaving until closer till 11. See ya there.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Roger that.

I left the gate code at home, but I think I remembered it after I wrote it down. I'll give you a call to verify :nod:

I'm aiming to be out of here at 11:15.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
:( Wish I was going....y'all have fun! :ride:

I have to work tomorrow morning but will be done by afternoon....thinking of Marshall Creek Sunday...maybe.

Red River is on my list of YES FOR SURE next weekend...Sunday. Have a Cajun buddy boiling 100#'s of bugs for us all day Saturday! Yumm! :nener:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I can't make it today. Had to work. Damn, I don't mind work, except that it takes up too much of my time. I might go out Sunday, though; not sure yet.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
It was pretty dry out there, but we all had a great time. I think we took Proxy on some of the most technical stuff he's ever ridden. :cool:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
yzguy15 said:
It was pretty dry out there, but we all had a great time. I think we took Proxy on some of the most technical stuff he's ever ridden. :cool:
Indeed, that was some gnarly stuff. I didn't mind it at all, but I don't think I had another ride in me after that last one. Time to start getting conditioned for the summer heat :nod:

Top Bottom