KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
Hey all you fatties! I was wondering if anyone is interested in a continuous thread showing the progress of all those out there who are trying to lose some of their extra pounds this coming year? We can post progress and keep each other in line through shame and guilt! This could help keep us on track for fear of ridicule and embarassment from fellow DRNers. Just start by posting your weight as soon as you want to start. I will weigh myself on the 1st of the year, including body fat percentage, and post it for all to see. Anyone else want to join in?:p

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
This could be great fun! C'mon everyone, are ya skeered or sumpin?

190 lbs, 5'9" age 30 body fat at 29% (hey, at least it's lower than my age!)

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Not a bad idea; how does one measure body fat any-hoo?

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
I'm game!;)
Want: 150lbs. or better, and 10% body-fat:)

Last edited:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I'm in.

Just don't tell the wife.;)

In my younger days when i raced i weighed 155 w/ 11% body fat.

Now i am pushing 200 and do not know what my body fat % is. Hate to guess. :scream:

I'll figure that one out and get back with ya'll.

Last edited:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Just saw in another thread in this forum (something about a six-pack) about body fat and calipers and water tanks and stuff.
Why settle for a six-pack when a keg is available!

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Kegs suck!:scream: I'd do almost anything to go back in time when I was younger and start eating healthier and do more athletic activities instead of staying inside making excuses about my asthma...:(

Oh yea, you can give me a keg of GATORADE like nAtHan said!:) :)

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
5'9" 238 body fat 27% 48 years old. I am going on the low carb high protein regimen to try and kickstart my metabolism. I still have some muscle but it is well padded :scream:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
KX - 727; I went to the health club today; couldn't find a good parking place (would have had to walk all the way across the parking lot), so I blew it off.
OK, if Penguin is brave enough, then so am I! 45years. 5-10, 227#.
I used to be six foot before someone invented double jumps!
This morning I ate two pieces of whole-wheat toast with jelly on them and some orange juice. I think the jelly is supposed to be better than margarine.
Looks like boiled chicken for lunch (YUCK!!) Should I take the skin off the chicken?
Basically the way I got it figured is: If it tastes good. . . . Spit it out!

bryanfrombbs

Jan 1, 2002
I AM ALL FOR THIS

OK THIS IS JUST WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR I AM 5 FEET 7 INCHES AND WEIGHT 185 LBS I WILL POST MY RESULTS EVERY WEEK SO WE CAN SEE IF I AM KEEPING UP WITH THE AVERAGE PERSON TRYING TO GET IN SHAPE FOR THIS SEASON.

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
Great idea! Here goes 5' 11" @ 210. 24% Body fat. Going to try the slimfast diet. It worked very well for a friend of mine. I want to get to 185 by 9/02.

Any mountain bikers in the DFW area want to train?

Mike

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I`m in ! I weigh in at 245 lbs 6foot 2inches body fat no clue.Looks like time to dust off the ol mountain bike for some rides in between ride.

Vegas 250 F

May 14, 2001
I'm in too . . . not badly out of shape, but I want to catch it before it slips any farther . . .

33 years old, 5'10" 182lbs, 10% body fat, lean mass 164 lbs.

I want to get my body weight up to 190 and my body fat down to 6% so my lean mass will be 178 - 179. I know I could be faster if I was lighter, but my wife likes the look more when I am heavier - and so do I :) call it vanity, besides the weight gives me an excuse for going as slow as I do :D

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
George Forman grill's are great for skinless chicken. Low far pizza,try this. Multi-grain pita bread,tomato sauce,low fat cheeze, and turkey peperoni. Try low fat instead of fat free.

E-WA

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2001
5'9" was 230 now 224 in 10 days of just increasing activity to decreasing food intake. Used to ride mountain bikes 3-4 days a week, now can't seem to force myself back on. Oh by the way that is all good old farm boy muscle. Goal 205.

RM125Guy

Jun 30, 2001
Im 15 yrs old 5'6" tall 174 lbs and i dont know how much body fat..i have a lot of muscle but id like to be able to measure it........and I'm hoping for 160 lbs 10% body fat

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
O.k., I'm fat too (5'11 and change, pushing 200). I'll hopefully be at Reno this Valentine's Day, and I gotta look good since I'll be riding like crap. But I'm just going to work out, and do a little cardio. None of that diet nonsense. I'll just try and not eat so much fast food. We'll see how well I do against you nut jobs. I'll do an official weigh in tonight.

PWDAD

~SPONSOR~
Oct 6, 2000
I am in...

I am going back on the Body for life eating and workout program. I dropped a considerable amount of body fat in late 2000 and increased my lean muscle mass.

26 Yrs oid (married with 3 kids)
5-10 1/2
225 lbs (fairly muscular build)
body fat % Unk (will be measured at the gym this week)

My goal will be to drop to approx. 200 lbs and lower my body fat by at least 10 % points. I am not all that concerned with weight if it comes in the form of lean muscle. My build will not allow me to drop a ton of weight.

I am begin the first 12 week work out phase starting tomorrow morning. I will post how the work outs are going and my progress. Keep pushing me, as I will need the motivation.

Thanks,

PWDAD

Top Bottom