JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I couldn't resist. Saw it on **** and bought it pretty reasonably. I'll have to take a Sunday afternoon and install it one of these days, and join the elite crowd with the electric legs.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I'll agree on the evilbay thing somewhat. I listed an item on the site and after the auction was over, I paid the dues from a checking account that I have set up for paypal and that is the only thing it is used for. Well, I payed for the auction on time, $7.55, it was taken from the account and 2 days or so later it was put back in. Before I knew it, I'm receiving email from you know who saying that now I owe the an extra $15 for a late fee or something like that. Well, I have no plans to pay them extra for their stupidity and inability to control their own transactions. :bang: Funny thing is that they keep sending me a "final notice" every week or so. LOL. I've gotten about 4 or so "final notices". I think I'll just add them to the blocked senders list. If I ever need anything else from them, I'll just use a friend to get it for me and I'll pay him.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
This thread may have set a record for the quickest hijacking ever. I want to talk about my nifty new e-button, and I get dragged into a debate over a certain auction site. For the record, I've never had a problem with a certain auction site. But how about that e-start thing? Pretty cool, huh?

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I think it's cool that you got e-start for you bike, kinda makes me wish I had it for mine. Sorry, didn't mean to jack you post, when I saw this post, I was just reminded of it. Anyway, happy trails.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
All hail the magic button! I'm too wimpy to every consider going back to a bike without one.

There's just something wonderful about being able to pick your bike up after a crash and just hit the button! No struggling to get in a position where you can kick without rolling or tipping over!

Yes, I'm fully converted. :-)

Seldon

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Think it is gonna rain this weekend?

May be a great time to go to Muenster, and do some caampiin. :laugh:

Sure was a nice drive in this morning, had the sunroof open, nice cool air :p

Oh yea, your e-button is cool, is it still in the box? :nener:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Grady, it's still in the box, but I reviewed the service manual last night, and looked at the parts, and I'm pretty sure that I think I understand everything I believe I know about it. I'm going to try to put it in tonight, unless I need a clutch puller, in which case I might have to take it to Brian's for some help. Muenster this weekend might be nice; I can have one day of the three-day weekend to ride, and I'd like to play it by ear depending on the weather. I'm also thinking of going to Barnwell with Seldon, though that's a longer drive.

Last edited:

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Jim,

I'm going to Barnwell Monday with my 6 yr old daughter. I took the training wheels off her 50 last Sunday and she loves to ride. Are you guys going to be there Monday. Oh, I did call and verify that Barnwell is open this Monday. They are usually open on most Monday holidays.

Darron

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Monday works for my sons and I. If the weather forecast for Monday looks good as-of Friday night, we'll plan on going Monday.

Seldon

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
JMD said:
Grady, it's still in the box, but I reviewed the service manual last night, and looked at the parts, and I'm pretty sure that I think I understand everything I believe I know about it. I'm going to try to put it in tonight, unless I need a clutch puller, in which case I might have to take it to Brian's for some help. Muenster this weekend might be nice; I can have one day of the three-day weekend to ride, and I'd like to play it by ear depending on the weather. I'm also thinking of going to Barnwell with Seldon, though that's a longer drive.

'Better hurry...Brian leaves for Poland after Saturday!!

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Wait until you get stuck on a hill or in a jam somewhere and you hit the magic little button and you just go. The magic button definately has it advantages, beside it is nice to get old and lazy sometimes (especially with a bum right ankle). :clue:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I have the thing installed. It was simple, really. Didn't even need the instructions. But the seller didn't send me the ground cable and the voltage regulator. He's supposedly working on that now, but if he doesn't come through by Thursday, I'll probably just buy what I need new. Gotta have that button.

Top Bottom