mx rider 69

Nov 6, 2006
i live in roseville, ok well i have been riding for awhile i just got a new rm 85 like 2months ago i got 2 new pipes and alot of other motocross acceries. I have been riding at hangtown and riverfront marysville a couple of times. My ? is were should i race? i have never raced im a beginer i am a ok rider though and have a couple years of riding under my belt but i am new to this new and bigger bike so what shouldi do race or not? and if u think i should race where should i race first?
personly i think im ready for a race my friend race and got 7 out of 9 :whoa: and im way better then him.so what should i do?

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
If you want to race, race. Enter the C class for whatever size bike you have and see what happens.
Most C class riders arent all that good, so you should at least be able to hold your own if you have been riding a while.
A friend of mine has been riding for 3 years and he can routinely get top 10s in 125 C.

mx rider 69

Nov 6, 2006
Octane250F said:
If you want to race, race. Enter the C class for whatever size bike you have and see what happens.
Most C class riders arent all that good, so you should at least be able to hold your own if you have been riding a while.
A friend of mine has been riding for 3 years and he can routinely get top 10s in 125 C.

yes i think im ready for racing but were should i race first? i live in roseville itts near sacromento

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
That I cannot help you with. If you wanted to know where to race in Wisconsin I could help, but Im not in Cali.
I would pick a track that has smaller jumps at first. Do big jumps is easy when you are by yourself, but when there are 20-30 other bikes all doing it at the same time, it gets a little crazy.
I would start by going to the AMA's website and searching for when there are races in your area. Then I would just go there and watch a race and see how big the jumps are and how good the riders are. Then I would go there and practice and ride with riders who are in the class you plan to enter. If you can hang with them in practice, you should be OK.

Top Bottom