Oct 10, 2000
I don't have alot of cash so my list is short, but could change at anytime.
(stuff replaced or bought)New tires, brake pads, Devol Hyd. clutch, graphics, Trottle cables, oil changes, barkbusters (wrong color/light blue), raidiator guards.
I think thats it, there is so much more I'd like to do but where do you draw the line?? Just when you get all the mods done to your bike thats when you want the newest moddle off the show room floor. Atleast thats how its worked for me. How do you stop the insanaty???

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
After spending too much $$ on the DRZ, I've decided to stick with the necessities. On the DRZ I had an applied triple clamp, Renthals & Pro Tapers, handguards, diff. seat foam, seat cover, RM # plate, RM brake line guides, (2) sets of Cycra shrouds, FMF full exhaust, Seal Savers, 13t & 14t sprockets, Unifilter, Billet pegs, Kouba T handle, jets, needles, diff. ignition switch, (2) rear tires, (1) front tire, Cycra front disc cover, PLUS $750 worth of tranny repairs. :(

So far with the 426 I've bougth handguards and a 13t front sprocket, 756 rear, No Toil filter, swapped front tires with the DRZ (755), stole the Seal Savers off the DRZ, stole the Pro Tapers off the DRZ, and slapped some DRN fender stickers on. That's gonna have to be it for a while.:silly:

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
I havn't done anything big to the pig yet. I just got my 650r a couple months ago and all I have done is toss the EPA part and put on a new manifold, resistor inline with the tail light to acheive brake light status, new jets and needle. I am planning on new springs and triple clamp and bars in the next few weeks...spring is coming?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hmmmm...let's see...
Although my KTM didn't need much <g> I did do a few mods.
I changed the clutch line to an EE braided stainless, added an EE clutch master guard, got a Cycra vented fender & number plate, WC skid plate, WC frame guards, Fredette hand guards(a must when riding with you guys), Krause chain & sprockets, jets and bowl screws, cut down seat, modified the airflow in airbox.
Will someone PLEASE tell the weatherman that spring is in fact here!

jason

Nov 9, 2000
I am sending my suspension to mx-tech and carb to rb-designs tomorrow. I have heard these mods help the KDX's out. I also just got my new seat foam,gripper cover and excel rim in. Now all I have to do is get it all back together (Hopefully in the next 2 weeks)

Top Bottom