what pre mix for 2000 kx 250??

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
depending on the oil you are using, yes it's OK. Much more important is that you jet your bike properly for whatever mix you decide to run.

I ran my cr500 at 20:1 or 32:1. Once I made my choice and jetted it to run properly. It started easy, idled well, and had little to no spooge.

lit549

Jan 11, 2010
thats what I thought.I ran 40:1 first tank(synthetic).It was fine.My plug was fouling everyother ride,and tons of spooge>BUT,silencer had no packing!!I had it repacked and had the carb worked on(he said air bleed was screwed all the way in,getting no air).Now the thing hauls.Has tons more torque.But i threw it down the last time I rode when my son wrecked.Now it will not start,there was fuel running out the overflow.I think I filled the case or cylinder with gas.Next Im gonna change plug,drain case and let air out.How much oil does a 2000kx 250 take?TRANS TOO??oh ya--thanks in advance!!

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
Just change the plug there is no need to drain the case. Kick it over a few times with the spark plug out. The case oil is the oil in the gas, you dont add it like a 4 stroke. The amount of trans oil is usually stamped on the right side case by the filler plug. Your bike probably takes 750ml's which is the same as 750cc's or .75L

Top Bottom