Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
While i was strolling around the pits this last weekend at the National Oppener, I ran across RC's bike.. When I first looked at it I was like huh? :eek:

We've asked if they lowered it before but this was making a CR into a chopper.. After a few seconds of staring I got it.... Check it out..

Regards,
Jer

See you all in a week..

Attachments

• rc02.jpg
    rc02.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,067

Heat

Jan 8, 2002
No shock , it is in the bike stand. Did they have a rod of some kind bolted in place to hold the rear of the bike in place?

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I think thats an extra shock. I see no reason to take a shock out and then reassemble the bike with some sort of rod in-place. I can relate to the chopper setup, I used to run alot of sag on my 99 when I was smaller, and it made the bike so much more comfortable to ride.

soquel

Mar 19, 2002
Wait, I've heard of a rod made to be put in place of the shock when doing some kind of maintenance, but I can't seem to remember. It was in a magazine some time ago. Oh and there is no shock on the bike, you'd would be able to see the reservoir.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
The shock isn't in there. You can't see the milk bottle. It also appears that the rear is already compressed a little even though it is off the stand.

What is that shiny thing on the side that touches the ground?? It looks like a triangle stand or something....

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Philip
Looks like a pipe to me.
Oh, in a plastic bag..

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Philip
Mike are you agreeing with me or being sarcastic? :confused:
Agreeing. Sometimes I can't make things out in small pictures... I see (visually) things a little differently. What I saw when I was looking at that pic, I saw a shiny triangle that looked to me to be polished aluminum with a glare on it and something sticking out the top of the triangle. I thought that was more aluminum.

You know that picture, the one where people see either the old lady and the young woman? I usually see both at the same time. Can't really explain why, I guess my brain is wired a little differently. No sarcasm, I really couldn't see it until you said it was a pipe.

Thanks!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Great no offense taken, sometimes these young guys on here can be a little sarcastic and I was going to point out that Honda pipes are raw metal and stored in oil lined bags to prevent rusting. I just thought I would ask before I lashed out at you. Thanks

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I didn't realize that was why they even had it in a bag. So there is no coating on it at all?

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I got up real close in N.O. and if it does it is not much. Looks similiar to a pc works pipe, but I know Honda manufactures thier own Pipes. I also noticed the pit guys sraying it down between practices.

I wonder if I could get some help like that. :think:

Last edited:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
did they relocate the rear swingarm? It looks like it is mounted higher than normal. Also check out the curver on the rear brake lever...

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well? What Is up with Ricky's bike??

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
doesn't look like the shock is in too me. Maybe they have rags or something stuffed in the linkage to hold the rear up or that special tool someone stated. Possibly to adjust the chain? But I cant see why they would assemble the sub frame unless it was only for asthetic reasons why the mechanic went to the john.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by yzeater
I'm with mike...wouldn't they leave the shock in? Why would they support the swingarm with a $2000 pipe?
I am actually thinking that there is a temporary link holding the swingarm up. As for the pipe. I just couldn't make out what that was. I think it is coinscience that it is lying there. I still can't figure out what Jeremy is seeing.

Come on Jer, let us in on it!! The suspense is killin' me!

Mark Hammond

Apr 6, 2000
Hi Jer
After looking at the picture I think I can see why Ricky's bike looks low and this will also explain our discussions about his KX last year.
It looks like the sub frame has been cut and welded to lower the seat so his little legs can touch the ground,the bike will still corner ok as the top shock mount is unchanged so as not to change the attitude of the bike.

Top Bottom