dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I heard he was running "slammed" suspension on his kawi. "Slammed" Means he was running only 9 inches of travel, so he could corner better.

98yz

Apr 16, 2002
I have seen them at races pull the shock and replace with a solid linkage. This was to allow one mechanic to work on shock adjustments while another rolled the bike out of the way to wash it down. Just my 0.02 worth.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
After every race Honda Mechanics Remove the Forks, shock and motor from there riders' race bikes. The motors usuly go home with the mechanics for a rebuild, While a suspension tec. takes the forks and shock back to the shop for new oil, seals and bushings. Since the rest of the bike must be loded in to the semi and transported to the next race, Struts are used to hold the canniblized bikes together.

Is that a good enought answer for ya Wilkey ;)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Monkey wins the prize!

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Oh Oh what do I win? Some DRN fender stickers maby? ;) That would allways be nice!

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Well Jeremy are you guna tell us whats up with Ricky's bike??

98yz

Apr 16, 2002
Where is the shock res. in the picture? And there is not more than 6-8 inches between the tire and fender. Are you sure? Nothing is up with this.

redrider30

Feb 6, 2002
Monkey has it correct. I saw it in Transworld MX also. What he said was a quote from the mag. Theres a pic of the rod holding the bike together, and no, it's not some cool looking device. Looks like it was built in about five minutes outta some scrap metal that was lying around.

redrider30

Feb 6, 2002
Or, maybe the shock is there, its just that you can't see it and they're using some sort of device to lower the rear of the bike as well as the front for even better starts. I've still got a Dirt Rider around here somewhere that shows someone trying this device on a Yamaha back in like, '91 or 2

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
:moon:

Top Bottom