When to hold the Spring Ride?

• May 25-May 28 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • June 1 - June 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 15 - June 17 (Fathers' Day Weekend)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • June 22 - June 24 (Not spring anymore....)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I finally remembered my TT ID and invited any TT DRN guys (or gals) for the ride. Im super stoked. Started getting back in shape this week too. How you doing PK? If I can get back on so can you! LOL. :nener:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
hope you guys have a good ride, I wont be joining any more groups rides it looks like as I will be living in AZ by then.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well that's a bummer Sick! But if I had to choose between PA and AZ well I'd probably pick AZ also! Hope you enjoy it out there!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've been working at it since mid November. As of right now I'm 30 lbs down. It's been a slow steady decline. only another 100 to go :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Ah man Sick! I hate to see ya go. Hvae fun in the desert!

PK...30 lbs...damn, I gained back atleast 15 since last Fall.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
RM_guy said:
Ah man Sick! I hate to see ya go. Hvae fun in the desert!

PK...30 lbs...damn, I gained back atleast 15 since last Fall.
Yeah would def like to get another group ride in but just dont have the time. AZ does have mountains also you know!!! Its not all desert :ride:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
No, it's all desert. The mountain thing is a myth to lure folks away from their friends. The desert is dry and hot and flat with no water. You will regret going and come running back, crying and asking for forgiveness. We may decide to let you back in but it will take a lot of groveling and ass kissing. :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
We may decide to let you back in but it will take a lot of groveling and ass kissing. :)

And if you need tips on the ass kissing part, RM_guy has lots of experience, how else do you think he earns his brownie points. :moon:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Dang sic, hate to see you go, but on the other hand maybe I wont feel so bad in the morning of day 2 anymore :bang: . LOL. Good luck out there and keep riding and stay in touch.
PK, thats great. Im really sagging, I cant belive how bad I feel on my bike right now, but now that the weather is good Ill be back out there riding. My weight has stayed the same but I have like 0 leg power, balance, or conditioning and what I lost in muscel I think I picked up in flab.
Oh and you will all be happy to know I picked up a second set of rims for my WR with an almost new set of stock knobs on them :) . I'm putting a set street tires on my old rims. Just changed the oil in old blue and even the brake fluid and wheel bearings! Yeeeeee Haaaaaaw!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Treejumper said:
Haha, Peggy's gained double that since fall. :) I know, i'm in trouble if she see's this.

Good lord man. Are you trying to get yourself shoved into the penalty box or what? LOL

I got my YZ250 suspension back from MX-TECH, all put back together, setting he sag today. As much as I love my WR250F, I can't wait to get back out on the YZ with all that snappy power. I had so much fun riding that bike when Captain Obvious had trouble with his 250F and borrowed my WR. It prompted me to spend the cash and get the YZ strung for the terrain out here.

This should be one hella good ride.

PK - you gonna hit those hills in the play area with me this time? :p

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Rooster said:
...PK - you gonna hit those hills in the play area with me this time? :p

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Yeah those hills are a blast...they are only vertical for the last 10-15 feet :laugh: I'm looking forward to hitting them again!!!!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Dave - coming back down is a kick too ... the only thing we need is a slightly bigger run at the top, we could catch air all the way to the bottom :yikes:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I looked at Paragon's forums yesterday and it looks like they're still closed; however, they're pretty positive they'll reopen.

If they don't - what do we do about our ride? Any suggestions?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm not sure yet. I'm riding at a place next weekend that might be open to hosting us but I kind of doubt it. What ever happened to those guys that were going to check on Tower City?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
squeaky said:
I looked at Paragon's forums yesterday and it looks like they're still closed; however, they're pretty positive they'll reopen.

If they don't - what do we do about our ride? Any suggestions?

You are supposed to be studying! Now quit screwing around and get your homework done!

I just hope that Paragon will be open, I need at least one more ride in there. I haven't gotten a soil sample from there for my collection. If anyone has a handfull of Paragon dirt stuck on their bike, let me know!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
We quit looking into TC when we herd Paragon was a go. I can get you plenty of PAP dirt Rooster, do you want a coal sand silt flavor or some of that hard pack single track clay? :nener:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I've got a plenty of PAP dirt on my bike to share. Just let me know how many pounds you want :laugh:

More info on Paragon coming soon. :cool:

Oskar

Nov 30, 2001
I exchanged e-mails with TC. Basicaly, they said that a group of 4 or less can come and ride. Larger group needs to talk to mgmnt. Was going to try it this weekend, but my throttle cable snaped when I was warming the bike up befoere leaving. I'll try to go when I get my new parts.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I've made phone calls to TC please hold off

Hey guys, I was out riding at TC Saturday and I spoke with Brad and he gave me the phone number for John so I left him a message to contact me so that we can discuss the possibility of doing our ride there. I think it might be a good idea for others to hold off on calling or asking about it while I'm doing what I can so that we don't intimidate him in anyway. If possible can anyone give me an idea of how large a group we will be. My best guess based on past rides I've been on would be around 20 but that's just a guess. The rules of TC are that a member can bring 4 guests I being a member and having three friends that are members can cover 12 of us already so we may be able to just go that route as well. Are there any other members out there? The fees have gone up this year as well. The cost for membership is 300.00 for the year and only one single day ride for 40.00 is allowed unless your a guest of a member. They also offer a weekend discount for two days at 70.00. Maybe we should start another thread to see who's actually up for the expense as well as the date.

Hope to see you all out there

Gordon

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
CRFGuy said:
only one single day ride for 40.00 is allowed unless your a guest of a member. They also offer a weekend discount for two days at 70.00. Maybe we should start another thread to see who's actually up for the expense as well as the date.

Not a bad idea Gordon - as I think that $140 for a weekend of riding for Rooster and I is a bit steep - unless, does that include camping as well? It's only $20 more than it would cost for 2 people to go to Paragon and camp at Red Ridge if that's the case...

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
OK to ride TC

Hi, guys

I just got off the phone with John and we are a go for TC the weekend of Father's day. He is a little apprehensive about such a large group so we will need to be on our best behavior. Please remember this is a family oriented place with long standing members. Let me know what everyone thinks ASAP so I can give him a heads up as to how many we will be.

Gordon

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom