tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im in for gainesville i hop. i didnt mean to change the location. i was just saying it wouldnt make sense for me to drive south. i forgot about the celina bunch. gainesville would make it more convienent. ill check back late friday night to confirm.

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
I am headed to Nocona THIS weekend just to get a one-up on you guys...kidding....If anyone is going up there, look me up. New CRF450R #91, my name is James. Take care.

James Stainton

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
Ok, thought that I would go ride today...forget that....the temp. in Decatur this a.m. was 32...wayyyy to cold for me. See you guys next weekend.

James

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
looks like No_Mo is out. He has a an obligation at school Saturday. I'm still on if it isn't underwater by then. Weather said possible 2"-4" tonight & tomorrow. :ugg: Saturday is supposed to be partly cloudy. Hopefully it will drain off.
BTW ymaharider19, it's a Denny's on the I-35 service road, not an Ihop. Is that still OK for you guys?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Fingers crossed hoping for good weather and no big issues at work. I'd really like to check Nocona out.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
if its too muddy to mx we can always roost at muenster. its maybe 15 miles away. im crossing my fingers for just a little rain.

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
I am in Decatur which is about 1h away from Nocona and it is raining pretty good today. Not real hard but just enough to be a pain. Hopefully Nocona got less than me. It is a sand track so it can hold some water but the jumps get a bit slippery. Still have my fingers crossed.

James Stainton
Decatur, Texas

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
well, it looks like we are looking at rain thru friday pm. if the track is ok, im in. do we want to make any alternate plans? it is supposed to be in the 60s and sunny on saturday. i dont mind trail riding if the track is too sloppy. we could go to muenster or lake murray. both are sandy so it might be wet but not muddy. we can get to either place in the amount of time it takes to get to nocona with the exception of lawdog.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thanks Gene for sending me a PM about the thread.

I am going to try and make it, but I have to clear it with my GF. I am supposed to help with a party that evening. I know the party starts at 7, but everybody is going earlier to setup.

In any case, if I understand the thread .....

7:00 AM - Dennys in Gainsville
Ride either Nocona or Muenster

FWIW - My vote would be Muenster as I felt like I was on BBs at Muenster. But then again, I kept blowing through the berms on the trails at Muenster. Maybe I just need to learn how to ride. Also need to get a new front tire with a bit more grip than the standard KTM rim protector. :scream:

Tony

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Maybe I just need to learn how to ride. Also need to get a new front tire with a bit more grip than the standard KTM rim protector. :scream: 

Boy, aint that the truth!  

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Looks like I may be out. We've got a friend from Peru who's in town for the weekend to lecture at TCU. Needless to say we don't get to see him but every few years and since he doesn't ride dirt bikes..........Have to wait and see when he'll have some free time. Hopefully its not Saturday morning.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well I am not going to be able to make it. I have to be dressed and ready to go set up by 3:00, so that is too far to go for too short a time.
Muenster will have to wait. I am gonna get to ride there eventually.

Tony

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
In Decatur it is raining and has been raining like crazy. We must have had at least 2" in the last 4 hours. Nocona is an hour away from me.

According to the Nocona MX phone message, it is raining there right now but they are asking us to check back on Saturday a.m. They normally practice Saturday and Sunday so we may want to move this to Sunday if it appears that Saturday won't work.

Here is another idea. Why don't we see about moving things back a bit and getting there later. That way, if it is too muddy, none of us will have driven all the way up there for nothing.

As to Muenster and Lake Murray. Unless you have someone up there who really knows the amount of rain, I would not say that just b/c it is sandy it will be rideable. I have been riding up there for 15y and you do not want to be anywhere near the two areas if there has been a heavy rain......creek crossings.

James

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I can't go Sat. afternoon, the wife had planned a surpise BD for me. Imagine the look on her face when I told here I would be in Nocona :silly:

Why don't we try for next Sat. 3/1? Accuweather shows nothing but sunshine next week and the week thereafter, so maybe we have have a good shot at some good riding weather. I suck anyway, and riding in mud, well I might as well unload the bike and lay underneath it. :ugg:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by slo' mo
Why don't we try for next Sat. 3/1?

Damn it!  How about a Sunday.  I'm pretending to be a basketball coach and have my Saturdays consumed through Mar 25.   :think:

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
Still raining here in Decatur (more like a blowing mist). The track message has not changed. I am still open for Sunday AND doing things next Saturday.....excellent.

James

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I am for sure in if we move it back to the 1st!!
I was supposed to ride the 12 Miles of Hell, but I wasn't cleared to ride my MB until the first of this month.

What about ...
7:00 AM - Meet at Gainsville
7:00~8:00 - Breakfast at Dennys
8:00~?:00 - Ride Muenster or Nocona
If there are enough of us we could split up and go to both.

Tony

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Hey Tony do you ride the 12moh every year ?
We ran it a few years back !!!Hills in ok :)

If its a MTB you need I have a full sus, looking for a home !!Cheap

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I don't think its a bike he's after, but if you've got a good deal on a partial foot......or maybe just some toes...... :p

Top Bottom