gkuljian

Apr 16, 2002
Where are the best places to ride on the planet? I want trails. Miles and miles of trails. I'll keep this short, but I could write a book on gates and no tresspassing signs. I'll move anywhere if the riding is good and not jeapordized by people who hate dirtbikes. I live in Humboldt county in California. Everyone said there were no trails here. BS! I have roadrash on my face to prove it. But the gates have gone up, and I'm now looking for another home, AGAIN. Oh, I won't move to Hell A. Or any other populated area. My guess is that California is not the place. This is more important than anything in my "life". Thanks for any ideas guys and gals.
Gregg Kuljian :debil:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
gkuljian.

You might try the moon. That is about the only place that I know of where the gates are not going up.

In the mean time, you may want to become involved in some of the land issues. Instead of moving, many of us are staying and fighting the anti-access groups.

Because of my love for this sport, I have moved several times. Not gonna move no more, gonna stay and fight. If we just give up and move, the land will be closed off and will never be opened up again.

Check out some of the links for the AMA and the American Sand Assn.

gkuljian

Apr 16, 2002
Oops. I was affraid I'd hear that. But the riding must be better in some places than others. That's probably what I'm looking for more than anything. And I've been so busy writing my representatives regarding internet radio and other things, I've not begun to take the time to write about this matter. I'll do just that, but still want a new home where I can ride instead of tresspass. Northern California is not it.
Thanks a million bro!
Canada?
Austrailia?

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
How about the upstate NY area, tons of trails up there. Maybe an hour or so from NYC? There's so many enduros/harescrambles/dualsport rides/races within a few hours drive that you won't be able to do them all every season. Tight woods stuff in NY, lots of rock riding in PA, and all day sand races (with trees) in NJ.

gkuljian

Apr 16, 2002
You are too kind. Tell me more about Australia!!! Altho, I hear it takes a huge wad of cash to be eligable for entrance into the country. I know this is an unfair post to make, but I'm willing to do anything to find the riding I've been denied so many years.
Thanks guys

gkuljian

Apr 16, 2002
You're right, I think it was the coffee.
And cabin fever doesn't help much either. Somewhere else always has a certain appeal.
Actually I rode a lot this winter. But a lot of bruises and mud.

Top Bottom