Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
The time to purchase a bike is basically here. I'm starting to look around for a good deal on a 125 or KDX. I figure the first week or so I'll get familiar with the bike while doing some routine maintenance etc...

Once I'm ready to mount up and start putting in some saddletime, where should I go? I know there are many places but what would be good for me as a re-beginning rider here in North Texas?

Any other input or advice for me?

Jason

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Others may disagree but Marshall Creek, only during the week, and if it hasn't rained in a few days. Its close (Trophy Club/Lake Grapevine area) and you can have it pretty much to yourself on weekdays. Good variety of terrain. Used to be free (and bigger), think its like 5 bucks or something now.

Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
Thanks, too bad all these places are far out. I guess it's not like when I was a teen and Dallas still had areas around your neighborhoods you could get away with.

Jason

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
That's progress for ya.... :(

If you have been in Dallas long enough to remember I bet you long for the days when you could go and ride at Rabbit Run! :)

Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
Funny... I don't know of a place called Rabbit Run... BUT... we did chase rabbits in this one field by our neighborhood off of Preston and Frankford. Them rabbits are some tricky and sure footed lil f'ers. It was a blast, and we felt like it had to be helping us learn to be faster.

Those were some incredibly fun days.

Jason

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Rabbit Run MX used to be at Renner & 75 in Plano and it was a fairly famous track 'back in tha day'.

They even hosted some Trans-AMA events in the 70's with riders like Roger DeCoster racing there.

Top Bottom