Which brand of Boots for big calves?

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I am looking for mid level boots for large calves. I want something that does not have a bootie. I have a pair of Oneal Hardware boots, the ones without the booties, and they fit my calves well. I need something that will fit my FOX knee/shin guards too.

Thanks, Steve.

How are the Hardware Boots with the booties? Do they have room in the calf area?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SG-10's have the largest opening.

cthowards

~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2006
I am down to choosing between the Sidi Crossfire SRS or the Gaerne SG10s. I have not heard any complaints about the Gaerne's, but I like the fact that the Sidi's have an adjustable calf up to 22 inches. My calves are about 19 inches and I like to wear a knee pad that extends into the boot. Anybody want to share how big of a calf they have fit into a set of SG10s? Any reason for or against either of these boots? I will be going to a dealer to try them on one of these days...

SMP70

Jan 28, 2007
I've got big calves (18") and the SG-10s are a great fit for me. FWIW... my boots are size 8, so I'd think that the cuff would get larger the bigger the boot gets as well.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I wear a size 13 Oneal Hardware Boots. They were a good entry to mid level boot. I settled on the SG-10 in size 11.

Thanks, Steve.

Snowblower

Feb 4, 2007
This might be helpful info if you are near a retailer.

Today, (Presidents day) I bought a pair of Fox F3s from America's motorsports retail store for $199 before tax and I really like them. No presidents day sale like I hoped for, but the the 07 model has already been replaced with a new 07 model. They are discounted at retailers about $130 because of the new model, if you can still find your size. - My local store had about 1 of each size left 9-12. - I got the last sz 13

I didn't really know what I was buying; they just fit good and were solid so I bought em. Got home and realized I got a deal.

They are higher on **** - I found em for $329 & up buy it now; and auctions bidding up over $200 already.

Snowblower

Feb 4, 2007
I meant to tell you that I am 6' and weigh 235-240 & i've got big calves. There was plenty of room for fox knee guards in there + my bluejeans tucked into the boot.

Top Bottom