friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
I have been wanting to get some work done on my stock KYB forks for some time. I ride very aggressive, almost all trails now, and I'm large for a rider. :) I also have a set of Showa forks made for the 2001 RM250. My question is this: Is one set of forks better than another for a platform to build up a pair of forks for me to use long term? Planning on revavling and sprngs for sure. Thanks for any input you can give. Oh, by the way, I got the Showas for 6.50 each...22 bucks shipped. Unreal.

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
Well I have always been a KYB fan.

Smokin deal on the Showas!!!
D

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I had MXTech do my forks (stock ones) and am very much impressed. They had a mid-stroke harshness that they tuned out and I have yet to get metal to metal bottoming, very progressive. I have since added some Enzo sub-tanks and they are super plush in the woods now but still won't bottom hard.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
I wou;d prefer the showa's . Especialy if you are a big guy like me . The showa's have a realy good anti-bottoming system and they are a twin chamber design. In my oppinion a better fork from the start (showa) in that era.

jprm250

Jul 16, 2006
call and talk to RG3. They can help you decide. They did my suspension this past summer. it was expensive ($1000) but it is like butter now..........holes I used to slow down for.........now I just pin it and lean back. Suspension is the single most important thing you can do for you bike and your body. I can' say enough about the big difference between stock and after RG3 did mine. Wow it was worth the dough!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom