KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
Ok guys,

I just got a '00 300 EXC. I called my local shop to find out what manuals to get and they inform me there are five, yes five, that came with the bike. They are: Engine $20.98. Frame $20.98, Owners $39.89, Repair $41.10, and a repair supplement manual $37.02. This comes to $173.17 after tax! This is crazy. My old KDX manual was like $25 dollars and everything you needed was in one manual.

What manuals do I REALLY need to do top ends, fork and shock rebuilds, and to know the basic stuff like plug gap, tranny oil level, etc.... Also, are some manuals only microfiche and others the steps on how to do the work?

Thanks for enlighting your fellow pumpkin :)

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
new the bike only comes with engine frame parts books
and owners manual by what you describe you need the repair
manual the parts books are good for oem parts numbers

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I was actually going to post something similar as I just picked up my first orange bike last night. Is the repair manual similar to the Clymer's manual out there for other bikes?

r1lew999

Sep 16, 2002
You can get a .pdf version of the Frame and Engine parts listing manuals that come with the bike from www.ktm-parts.com . Print these out and that will save you $42!
I downloaded the one for my 2002 EXC 300 which covers all the 2002 2 stroke KTMs. These give all exploded diagrams and part numbers but not workshop service instructions.
Mail me direct if you want a copy of my 2002 one I downloaded as the site seems to have stopped supplying them at the moment.

I can have a look in my paper copy of the owners manual for other detals if you let me know what you need.

Paul Lewis

r1lew999

Sep 16, 2002
Layton,
You are correct, printed copies did come with my bike but it is sometimes usefull to have an electronic copy in work when ordering bits.
The reason I metioned downloading them is because the originator of this thread, KruncH, was going to pay $40 to buy them from his dealer.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Actually it looks like KTM had all of the various sites pull the microfisch??? off for liability issues (yeah right). Anybody know of a site that still has them or happens to have the PDF file for a 99 300 EXC?

Top Bottom