the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Unfortunately no Boar this year. We signed up and showed up on the original date and it was cancelled. The make-up date did not work for me so I got a refund. They subsequently cancelled that make-up date and rescheduled to this weekend. Vikings is part of our enduro series and it's a good one - so no Boar.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'm so sore today, I can barely move. Heading to the Doc today for some Xrays on my neck and shoulder.

Vikings course on Loop 1 was mostly deep sand with a couple of rocky uphills thrown in. After the bomb run the Vikings funneled us into a silty sandwash with absolutely no vision because of the dust, this was followed by a rock stair-step uphill that had everyone littered down the sides, and 25-30 riders including myself watching and waiting for a go.

Lucerne is just a nasty place, it's either rocks,deep sand, or whoops.

Loop 2 was all hilly rock strewn terrain. Most of the uphills were silty with large rocks everywhere. Without momentum, you would not make it up. I got snake-bit around Mile 50 when accelerating hard out of a turn, I got pitched off, and wound up on the ground dazed. Turns out I got a front pinch flat, and didn't know it until my bike got tired of warning me and just kicked me off :laugh:

I rode another 10 miles or so with the front flat, but it was too much work, and the terrain was way too hairy for a crippled bike.
DNF

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Hope you're OK ... the collarbone thing seemed kinda weird after I thought about it more.

Man you almost finished ... close, really close.

My day was pretty bad, too ... lost my clutch 9 miles in. DNF. For what's it worth, the 9 miles I did ride were nasty ! The stair-step uphill was chaos .. it wasn't that steep or long, just chewed up and really rocky. I saw one guy biff it ... he lost momentum and fell over to the left side of the main line ... his bike partially on top of him. Then another guy jumped in front of me on his 525 and he biffed it ... looped it a bit and then fell over in slow motion, bike and all, right on top of the other guy already under his own bike. Chaos.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Xrays came out. No broken stuff, just some strains, although they need to check my rotator cuff for damage after soreness is done.

And I got some Vicodine. ;)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Glad your OK-

Meanwhile I was at Sea-World. No injuries to report....

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Yep those Nationals can be one tough race. Kelsorat being that close to finishing and not getting the checkered flag just eats at you doesnt it :bang: ? Had the same thing happen at the 4Aces National in February, except I didnt have a clutch. Either way you guys seemed to have had fun although next time Eel how about getting a few more miles into the race before you breakdown :moon: ?

Man there isnt anything like the second loop on a National race in my opinion. The things they send you up and down are things you would never consider if you were play riding. Either way, its those things that keep you coming back. So other than a pinch flat for Kelsorat and a wiped out clutch for Eel, is there any other bike damage?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Boodac said:
Man there isnt anything like the second loop on a National race in my opinion. The things they send you up and down are things you would never consider if you were play riding. QUOTE]

You obviously haven't ridden much with Kiwi and friends out at Jawbone :laugh:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I need to sign up for Gorman. Has anything been sent in yet by you guys?

Gorman VCMC will be the only may ride for me. :(

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I found out last night that I basically have May WIDE OPEN ... I can ride every weekend, except maybe memorial day weekend. So ... where and when are we riding in May ?

Top Bottom