knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
Wildomar was a good time this morning. Nobody but me and somebody camping in one of the twelve (or so) overnight camp sites.

As reported in other threads, Wildomar is not a place to bring your "peewee" or new riders. Many of the trails are rutted up and tight...

My boy and I have ridden the stagging area and the "practice pit" on several Sunday Afternoons... This was good for getting him running on the basics-We will be heading out to El Mirage this weekend to let him try some wide open spaces. :nod:

Some of the wider trails are used by the 4x4 enthusiasts..."no beuno" should you meet face to face... :yikes: That is why after today, I will not likely ride with the weekend warriors there. (if I have a choice)

I liked the trails I rode today... there are some pretty good hills to climb and some skinny trails to pick your way through the ruts, rocks and sand. Nobody would accuse me of being fast... at least not at this place. :laugh:

Observations:
$5.00 Day use (pay at staging area or get 1 year pass at Big 5)
Huge Staging Area- Shaded parking if you're one of the first to arrive.
Toilets
Potable water from a pump...but, bring your own.
Huge area of trails to ride = 360 Acres.
Paved road all the way down the canyon to the Staging Area.
Cell reception the whole time!

In the words of our second term Governor, "I'll be back." :nod:

Ken

Attachments

• Staging Area -Hill Climb.JPG
    Staging Area -Hill Climb.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Wildomar INfo.JPG
    Wildomar INfo.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Parking Shade.JPG
    Parking Shade.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 136

brettklr250

Feb 17, 2007
just got back from Wildomar- had a GREAT time- met a few people, all who were very nice and friendly. Aside from getting very lost, going down a steep and very rutted path only to find a dead end, so we had to make our own trail down the backside of the mountain, mostly pushing my kawasaki 250 and my friend pushing his yamaha 125 down what seemed to be a wash or something...great times, great times.

Top Bottom