rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
I am thinking of having a second rear wheel to interchange with the one on my bike now, can I just buy another used rim with a disk on it?
Are axle sizes standard? What will it do to my brake pads? Any thoughts?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
That is exactly what we dune running, dirt riding, dual sport loving riders have been doing for years!!
Big word of advice!! Get the rim assembly off the same bike model/year as your current bike. There are so many changes taking place throughout the years that it is almost impossible to keep up with them all. Even the dealers (they are the last place I would go to find out anyway!) have no idea what matches what!! A good place to start would be to go to Motorcycleshopper.com and print a copy of there junk yard list (hahahaha - it is about 4 miles long - only print ones you need!). I deal a lot with a yard called "Strickly Dirt". Keep in mind that most yards sell for half of new so it can still be a pricey outpay!!
Try E-Bay!! You never know!!
CYA in the woods
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
so true CRKID - and there is nothing wrong with easier in my book!! It gives us more time for doing the thngs we really love like RIPPING THRU THE WOODS ON OUR DIRTBIKES!!!
WOODSY

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I was lucky enough last week to pick up a full rear wheel assembly for my son's CR125 for next to nothing. We are going to keep one set up for a race only tire and the other is for practice tire. At the rate of a new tire every 3 weeks or so to race groomed tracks because the practice track has worn it down to nothing we should be able to save enough to put gas in my bike:). Today was the first day we used the 2 and it worked great the race tire looks like new after AM practice and 2 motos.

Top Bottom