srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
In the near future I will be transporting 4, possibly 5 bikes. I am looking for ideas/suggestions on the best possible way to transport.

An inclosed trailer would be ideal but can't justify the cost. I was thinking more on the line of a utility trailer, maybe a 6X10 for 12 and leaving the rails off for side loading.

I have done a search on trailers but only came up with one thread that included pictures.

Any good ideas? Pictures would be great.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Do a search in the "Support Vehicle" forum. You should find lots of good ideas. Check out MX-727's picture page, and click on some of my links below for pics of my trailer. Unless you are just hauling bikes short distances for 1 day rides, I think that an enclosed trailer is the only way to go.

(Mod - This thread should be moved to the Support Vehicles forum...)

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Enclused trailers are definately the way to go. We have a 6x12 and routinely put 4 bikes in it with all our gear. While it gets a little tight, we have gotten five in there.

It's a whole lot safer and more secure. The bad guys will make a lot more noise getting into one that's locked than any non-enclused trailers. A decent 6x12 (haulmark or so) can be had in the $1500 range if you shop around. Now's actually a good time to buy.

-MD

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Sorry guys about posting in wrong forum. Now I remember reading something about posting in the right forums.

Nice setup Smit-Dog. We do not go on any overnighters, just day trips.

Moderator please move this thread to the support vehicles forum.

Strike One!!!

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Hey Srhill, don't sweat the "wrong" forum thing. Just go back to your original post, hit edit, and enter "Looking for a really cool way to move my KDX" Good luck and post some pics when you get your wheels squared away!

Top Bottom