Wishy washout front end...Will springs help????

perryj1

Nov 26, 2001
My brother has a kdx and he is having the same problem so i'm watching this post pretty close. I believe the stock springs a 43mm for a 2000 model 200.

My brother seems to think you should be able to adjust it with the valves that exist. he ways 220.

2 cents
p

Curtb

May 24, 2002
I'm a new guy to the forum but have been thru this stuff a lot....I have installed .40 racetech springs in place of my .34 stock springs on my new 220. The difference is terrific....now I just gotta get the preload spacers worked out to get the front end ride height correct for my riding position. I'm only 150 lbs and have 4.0 sag rear along with 1.5 sag front.....I think all will be perfect with 1.0 sag up front. (Racetech gave me lots of tubing to make different preload spacers.....just gotta spend the time to 'fine tune'. Out here in Colorado we gotta make the bike work in 3mph woods and 70mph desert....thats a tall order. I put on a Kouba link to lower the rear 1inch and pushed the forks up in the tree
1 inch....the bike is fantasticly stable now .... what a sled....feels almost fall-off proof.

Top Bottom