Jul 25, 2005
hey what is your favorite pipe for the 220 and what does each do and where do they do the best. also can the desert be used on tight technical trails most of the time. thanks. :)

kdx633

Aug 12, 2003
iimy kdx has woods pipe very good down low to mid loses a little on top.not a lot but slightly noticeable.air box lid moded and jetted close enogh to be good but not so tight that changes are needed anytime a cloud passes over.40 pilot and 142 main seem to work well 60 to 80 degree's.any warmer and she still run ok with that combo but a little on the sluggish side.needle is in second from top position.have a slight hesitation about1/8 throttle that has'nt been able to adjust out wth needle position or air screw,seem's a bit rich.when i get a little bit of free time will try a needle leaner in the 1/8 range to clear that up.some kdx'rs say that's the nature of the 220 and porting mods will clean it up and others sayneedle and slide are at issue.

white knuckes

Jul 19, 2004
I got the FMF Gnarly woods pipe and Turbine Core II. It makes a lot of power in low rpm's . It works very well re-jetted with the airbox lid removed and uni aircleaner for deep woods so you can just cruise up any big hill even at low rpm. I also use it in a very arid area that is like sandbox sand all the way and still don't have any problems.

Top Bottom