mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
Hey guys, I bought my first bike this past week and from all the great things I've heard I went with a KDX. I got an '01 KDX 200 with KX forks, FMF gnarly pipe and exhaust, boyeson reeds, dunlop 773 tires, kx fenders, new graphics, new seat, and bark busters. I'm excited about all the mods but yet I feel like I have no projects. Any suggestions beyond what is done already. I'll probably change the fork springs to be more compatibale with my big arse. I plan on mainly riding trails here in FL and maybe racing some hare scrambles. I'd love to hear what else you all have done. and say I'm happy to be in the club!
Matt :cool:

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Welcome! What part of FLA. are ya at? I'm in Sebring And I ride a 05 220. My brother just picked up a 98 200 And theres a couple more on this web site in this area. Time to get alittle ride going.

ELF

mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
ELF, I'm just up in Winter Haven, but in the process of moving to Jacksonville in the next week or so. I'm just here at my parents until after Xmas... and by the way, ELF, tell Santa I want a loading ramp for Xmas!
Matt

mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
I know a guy in Orlando with a 220 and a 200...sounds like a huge meet up in Ocala is in order. Do I since a FL chapter of the KDX club in the works....hmmmmm

JAY ALLEN

Oct 4, 1999
Florida Kdx

Hey guys i am here also . I live in Lakeland Florida 1999 kdx 220 with some Jeff Fredett mods . I ride the florida trail riders hare scramble series this might be something to look into . there website floridatrailriders.org . we are having a hare scramble in palatka on january 8th/ 9th . A kdx club just might be the thing . i have 25 acres with a small 2 mile hare scramble course on it . nice to hear there is more of us see ya

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
Hey Jay, did you used to work in Hubbard, Oh. a few years back? I worked with a Jay Allen and then he quit and moved to Fla. Are you him?

mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
Jay, I plan on going to that HS in palatka, hopefully I'll see you there! I won't be riding but rather scouting it out to see if and/ or when I'll be ready myself. We should ride your track someday when I'm down in Winter Haven!...
PS general question. Fox Forma Pro or Alpinestar Vector boots? Any preferences or should I buck up the extra Fiddy and get the Tech 8s?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom