N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Whoohoo!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
where are you guys pitting? the usual place up front? what vehicles do i look for?

this will be my first ride since november. i still have to get my brakes working but it looks like i'll be ready.

and i won't be doing any 50 miles like you nuts. a couple loops should be enough for me.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
A couple of loops is about 50 miles. Any idea as to what time the TX boys are showing up? Looking for a timeline so that I can show up. Someone needs to ride last.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
my hand hasnt turned the throttle near enough for some time. That alone should allow me to stay back and watch the fast guys.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
We will be getting to my house Friday night. (After a long day at Talimena) I am thinking 1:00 for our ride. Gotta get the work out of the way first. If we don't waste a bunch of time blabbing we should be done by 5:00.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
" ... seems like somebody was riding a good clip last time I was there!"
I'm a 'Double A' rider for the first 15 minutes, at the 500!
A 'C' spode the rest of the day, and pretty much everywhere else.

Swift is the only one I can't keep up with.... (blabbing and eating!) :laugh:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
craig_enid said:
Swift is the only one I can't keep up with.... (blabbing and eating!) :laugh:

i don't know how you and swift do it. you guys are probably lighter than you were in high school. it's not unusual for me to gain or lose ten pounds in a week.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
mx547 said:
i don't know how you and swift do it. you guys are probably lighter than you were in high school. it's not unusual for me to gain or lose ten pounds in a week.
I resemble that remark!
While some of us battle for the covetted "last place", MX547 will be finishing his 2nd 25 mile loop! I haven't washed my bike since the last ride and I need to get some fuel for the on trail tanker.:whoa:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Brakes are for pussies. Just brush against some trees, looser.
The KTM is ready for a rider, if you just HAVE to have brakes... :ride: :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jay, come up an ride my YZ and I'll pilot the KTM. My wrist is still really sore so I won't be riding much. Plus, there's Hideaway afterwards.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
dang if I didnt make it! My apologies to all. Going through a house sale, garage sale, and future move (Up I think). House is still available Sunday evening, and I do plan on riding the Draper loop Sunday. Derek, give me a call this evening and let me know the tentative plans.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I had a blast, and I am tired. (That's my ride report for now.) .....more to come. :)

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Jay we finished the trip with 213 miles in four days on maybe 23 hrs of sleep. I just got in after midnight. Got to go to work..........blahhh. I really could stand to be retired and wealthy.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
OCCRA had its first event of 2008 at the 500 with over 500 riders just two weeks ago. The trails got hammered. Chuck had repaired the west side with his skid steer or the blue loop so the infinite whoops were gone. The work day concentrated on routing around worn out areas and cutting in new trail in unused sections. There will be some good new obstacles soon.
When we got ready to ride, Craig and I took off ahead of everyone. We new they would catch up to us and we weren't feeling real fast. We finally stopped at mile 10 for a short break and DWreck caught us within 30 secs. We got onto the 80 and hit the bog and everyone got muddy! Funny how a 30 yard long section makes all bike look alike, orange/red. There was a small amount of dust but nothing real bad.
The 80 really has become the premire trail. Some of the route around sections are really fun with some off camber up/down hills and a ceder slolum course that will challenge even new brakes.
When we hit the 500 again, all was good to the first Center section. About 70 yards in, I was faced with a Ceder spear! This branch had been broken during the race and was pointing straight out into the trail. As I hit the brakes I decided the ground looked like a safer bet so I took a digger on the right side. The spear caught my sleeve and ripped an old jersey but no skin! The crew worked to get the spear bent back out of the way and then we were off again. This section was added to for the Six Day qualifier and that section of trail has become very fun. Some storm damage has placed some good obstacles in the trail and keeps you on your toes.
At the next stop, Jeff and I decided to take the blue trail on back to the pit area. My wrist was screaming but I was still smiling from a good run. Thanks everyone.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
BSWIFT said:
The 80 really has become the premire trail.

that's my favorite section. sounds like a fun day, except for the mud part. you guys can have that.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There are plans to make a crossing in the bog. Not sure when it will happen but it will make the 80 better for sure.

billyji

Jul 26, 2006
It was great meeting everyone. Derek,Lorin Thanks for putting us up. Both parks were fantastic. Get that new trail worn in and Gene and I will be back.

Mike Green

Top Bottom