nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
I have a 1998 CR80 that I just replaced the rear bearings in.

I had thought the bearings were bad so I put new bearings in. It looks like the hub is worn to the point the bearing is able to move a small amount inside the hub. Is there a fix to this? Or is replaceing the hub the only fix? Are there any aftermarket hubs that are cheaper then honda OEM hubs?

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I had this happen on a bike once. I fixed it by taking a chisel and hammering it in several places down the inside of the hub. This made a few little 'teeth' t hold the bearing in place. It sounds bad, but worked for a long time until I sold the bike.

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
nsxxtreme said:
I have a 1998 CR80 that I just replaced the rear bearings in.

I had thought the bearings were bad so I put new bearings in. It looks like the hub is worn to the point the bearing is able to move a small amount inside the hub. Is there a fix to this? Or is replaceing the hub the only fix? Are there any aftermarket hubs that are cheaper then honda OEM hubs?

Two ideas come to mind.

Reinstall the bearings using copious amounts of red loctite. That will probably hold them from spinning but could make subsequent removal difficult or impossible.

Take the bearings to a bearing supply store and have then match up bearings with a slightly larger outer diameter.

Top Bottom